• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NJD Sign Dougie Hamilton to 7-Year/$63M Contract; $9M AAV

I don't think you guys have watched enough of Hamilton. He's in the conversation with McAvoy, Fox, Makar, and Hedman.

Stupid good hockey player. Excellent signing for the Devils, really. Any contract signed at that age for that term has some question marks, but they're going to get at least 5 years of value here.

I don't think you guys have watched enough of Hamilton. He's in the conversation with McAvoy, Fox, Makar, and Hedman.

Stupid good hockey player. Excellent signing for the Devils, really. Any contract signed at that age for that term has some question marks, but they're going to get at least 5 years of value here.

Agree. He's earned this contract more than Seth Jones.

Very fair, yes. He's become even better than I ever thought he would be. Very impressive.

I have to admit I thought he was older for some reason. Feels like he's been in the league for a while.

I don't diminish him. I've always been impressed with him. The first time we really saw him was in the '13 playoffs, when we were overjoyed that Boston had to play a rookie due to injuries and he killed us. He's top notch. Top notch as in $8m with a $1m premium for signing with a lousy team...

I don't diminish him. I've always been impressed with him. The first time we really saw him was in the '13 playoffs, when we were overjoyed that Boston had to play a rookie due to injuries and he killed us. He's top notch. Top notch as in $8m with a $1m premium for signing with a lousy team...

I think that was Krug

I think that was Krug

Agree here, excellent signing for them, don't think they overpaid, I think it's the going rate. Too bad I would've loved the opportunity to laugh at them. Pete also makes a good point of how it's a better deal than Seth Jones. Will be interesting to see where Fox lands on the scale.