• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Possible Trade Target: Max Domi

The Dude

Seems the feeling is Columbus may expose him in the expansion draft.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-rumours-st-louis-blues-navigating-protection-list-1.1668839?tsn-amp&__twitter_impression=true

Can play center or wing, can play with a slight edge, but how many teams is this for this guy? He's tiny, but doesn't always play like it.

I'm obviously pulling for the guy because of who his dad is, but he is a serviceable forward that can slot up and down a roster. I have no idea if he can PK. If the idea is to deal any of our forwards maybe he is a fit to backfill?

He's not a great centerman. The other issue is the cost of a new contract+acquisition. Another guy that would be nice to have, but too costly. i think he'd be a good compliment to some of the players, though. But not worth a $6m price tag

I edited your post for obvious reasons. Leave that kind of hostility out next time, thanks.

Well maybe you can edit some people's replys that are obvious trolling and continuously have nothing constructive to say. When are you guys going to actually do something?

Hard pass. He stinks and he's expensive. I'd rather sign his dad.

50% retained for Brodzinski and a 3rd, I do it. I dont play him at C, and like Lemieux, I don't think hed be happy with his role in NY.

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Good call,  but are they hurting that bad to move salary? 

They are nearly 10m over the cap right now but it doesn’t affect them until Eichel, Paccioretty, Stone come off LTIR. They are going to have to trade a couple of pieces.

Smith I don’t believe has a trade clause so he would make perfect sense to be dealt. 

• 2 months later...

Bump

As I was telling Phil in the other thread, I think the cost and the versatility of Domi could be a good first step. Get him cheap and let the trade frenzy begin. He fits a couple of needs, and can be moved up and down the lineup if they get one of the bigger names being discussed. 

Kreider- Zibanejad- Kakko/Domi/Pavelski or Giroux 

Panarin- Strome- Kakko/Domi/Pavelski or Giroux/Goodrow 

Lafreniere- Pavelski/Domi- Gauthier/Goodrow/Domi/Pavelski or Giroux

Rooney/Goodrow-  Goodrow/Rooney- Reaves/Gauthier 

I'd rather 2 options for both needs. If Pavelski or Giroux need more icetime to be themselves, they land in the top six on the wing and Domi plays 3C. Or vice-versa. Works both ways. 

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

God no. Guy is trending down,  isn’t good at faceoffs, had one career year,  and has health problems that while admirable to play through, affects his ability to remain on the bench sometimes. 

He's a diabetic. Seriously? He's had it since age 12. Not really a health problem. I mean Kakko is too. Has it been an issue with him? Celiac disease? Has that kept either of them off the ice? 

He's hovering at his usual 40+ points. Not sure how that's trending down. But if you'd rather have Hunt and Chytil.  Ok. Scared Oh No GIF by Disney+

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's a diabetic. Seriously? He's had it since age 12. Not really a health problem. I mean Kakko is too. Has it been an issue with him? Celiac disease? Has that kept either of them off the ice? 

He's hovering at his usual 40+ points. Not sure how that's trending down. But if you'd rather have Hunt and Chytil.  Ok. Scared Oh No GIF by Disney+

Yes seriously.  He has to be tested every game before the game, every 15 minutes during the period so he leaves the bench even if his shift is up next to test, every intermission, and at the end of regulation. 

His time on the ice has decreased every year for the last three years. 17:06, 15:13, 13:13 this year.  The diabetes isn’t a huge issue but when you combine it with the fact that he’s just not actually that good and it’s just the final thing that would make me stay away. 

His goal total has also seen a steady decrease. 28, 17, 9, and 8 this year but I’m sure he’ll score 4-5 more goals this year for a slight bump. Obviously last year was a shorter year but he scored exactly 1 more goal and 2 more points last year than Chytil and played 2 minute more per game. 

He’s not good on faceoffs, he’s not especially good at scoring these days, setting anyone up, or really much of anything. 

Chytil 20/21 season

42 games 8 goals 14 assists 22 points 13:14 TOI

Domi 20/21 season 

54 games 9 goals 15 assists 24 points 15:13 TOI

so our upgrade to Chytil is to trade for Canadian Chytil that has an extra obstacle?