• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Possible Trade Target: Max Domi

The Dude

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

The issue with Domi is that his stats are very inflated due to overplaying. It’s still not a bad trade option in a lower tier of trade options. 

None of our fourth liners slotting up into line 1 have those numbers which would make the argument that I'd rather he "inflate" his numbers here for the rest of the year.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

None of our fourth liners slotting up into line 1 have those numbers which would make the argument that I'd rather he "inflate" his numbers here for the rest of the year.

There's truth to that sure. But have to remember that half of his goals come on the pp. He likely doesn't sniff any or very little pp time here,  so I only get him if it's for pennies on the dollar.  His even strength production really isn't all that special. 

He gives you another guy in the dot and wing who can move up in certain situations. Who wouldn't want that?

You're not asking him to be an impactful point producer on the fourth line, you're asking him to be better than Looswiccan. If anyone gets injured or the game warrants it, you can move him up and he's going to play hard. 

This is not a guy you're going to judge on the stat sheet if we get him.

I just don't know if any of that is worth a third rounder. 

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

He gives you another guy in the dot and wing who can move up in certain situations. Who wouldn't want that?

You're not asking him to be an impactful point producer on the fourth line, you're asking him to be better than Looswiccan. If anyone gets injured or the game warrants it, you can move him up and he's going to play hard. 

This is not a guy you're going to judge on the stat sheet if we get him.

I just don't know if any of that is worth a third rounder. 

Sounds almost exactly like my reasoning for Acciari. Either work for me really. Domi does have the edge in offense potential. Acciari in the physical side. 

42 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Sounds almost exactly like my reasoning for Acciari. Either work for me really. Domi does have the edge in offense potential. Acciari in the physical side. 

To a point, and you could probably have him for less than a third year, but nobody's putting him on the first line... At least you know if you had to, Domi can handle those situations. 

6 hours ago, Phil said:

It wouldn't be the worst idea, but I'm mostly with @BrooksBurner on this. I feel like Domi should be pretty low on their list of targets and would really only be a true target in the event they miss on nearly everyone else of significance.

He's done well enough to resurrect his career, but I just feel there are better options available, or reportedly available, that I'd rank much higher than him.

He's perfect for the 3rd line RW spot. Has some ability to play center in a pinch. He'd be one of 2 RW acquisitions they should be making. Obviously not THE target for the top line. But then again, he's not terrible.  Just needs to be competent and capitalize on playing with the teams top stars.  He's  a nice complimentary player. 

Nobody answered me when I asked last. So, ill try again.. Did he play on Trochecks line last season with Carolina? Domi definitely did well when he got there and was a fucking pain in the ass in the playoffs.

I'm only asking because it'd be nice to find a player who has definite chemistry with the 5.6 mill center that needs to find his way here. 

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

To a point, and you could probably have him for less than a third year, but nobody's putting him on the first line... At least you know if you had to, Domi can handle those situations. 

True. However, when I was looking up Acciari originally and saw his stats this year, I couldn’t help but notice how similar they were to Vatrano’s last year right before he was traded here

Acciari 22/23

51 games

10g 8a for 18 points. 10EV goals, 14:30toi  52 blocks, 158 hits

Vatrano 21/22 before trade to Rangers

49 games

10g 9a for 19 points.  9EV goals,  12:12toi, 17 blocks, 48 hits

a lot of similarities there and some obvious differences

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

True. However, when I was looking up Acciari originally and saw his stats this year, I couldn’t help but notice how similar they were to Vatrano’s last year right before he was traded here

Acciari 22/23

51 games

10g 8a for 18 points. 10EV goals, 14:30toi  52 blocks, 158 hits

Vatrano 21/22 before trade to Rangers

49 games

10g 9a for 19 points.  9EV goals,  12:12toi, 17 blocks, 48 hits

a lot of similarities there and some obvious differences

I don't know shit about Acciari but I do know Domi has more top 6 pedigree than Vatrano or Acciari. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know shit about Acciari but I do know Domi has more top 6 pedigree than Vatrano or Acciari. 

Acciari yes. Vatrano? It’s close. Domi had one career year at 23 then downhill ever since. Career goal wise though, Vatrano has 112 in 452 games while Domi has 115 goals in 549 games. Domi is most definitely is the better playmaker for sure.