• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Possible Trade Target: Max Domi

The Dude

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Yes seriously.  He has to be tested every game before the game, every 15 minutes during the period so he leaves the bench even if his shift is up next to test, every intermission, and at the end of regulation. 

His time on the ice has decreased every year for the last three years. 17:06, 15:13, 13:13 this year.  The diabetes isn’t a huge issue but when you combine it with the fact that he’s just not actually that good and it’s just the final thing that would make me stay away. 

His goal total has also seen a steady decrease. 28, 17, 9, and 8 this year but I’m sure he’ll score 4-5 more goals this year for a slight bump. Obviously last year was a shorter year but he scored exactly 1 more goal and 2 more points last year than Chytil and played 2 minute more per game. 

He’s not good on faceoffs, he’s not especially good at scoring these days, setting anyone up, or really much of anything. 

Chytil 20/21 season

42 games 8 goals 14 assists 22 points 13:14 TOI

Domi 20/21 season 

54 games 9 goals 15 assists 24 points 15:13 TOI

so our upgrade to Chytil is to trade for Canadian Chytil that has an extra obstacle? 

So you're saying we should get rid of Kakko who has the same exact "health issues". I've never heard of such a thing where he has to be tested so often.  Tested for what? He's a diabetic. He has pumps that regulate his insulin much like every diabetic in this century. They aren't testing his blood sugar every 10 minutes and regulating his insulin. Can you share where you are getting this information from? 

Chytil stinks THIS YEAR. Domi is an improvement over him and Hunt no matter what. He's a career 40+ point guy, who does well in a supporting role. Dryden Hunt probably doesn't even have 40 career points. 

You're knocking a 40 point guy who would probably come at the cost of a B prospect and a 3rd round pick. Who else is realistically out there where you don't need a team or 2 to eat salary or to cough up multipletop prospects? 

You'd rather stick with Hunt or Chytil? Yeah, no. Sorry. I go with the guy that's a realistic get, who can produce 40 points with a fuckin insulin syringe sticking out of his ass (according to you). 

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, josh said:

Me looking at every player acquisition proposed. 

And how about we look at who he's replacing. 

Mike Hunt-

2 points in his last 16 (playing mostly with Panarin), -5, 15 shots, 35 hits. 8 points on the season, 31 career points over 5 years. 

We are really debating if he's an improvement? 

Again,  I ask for other realistic options, where the Rangers give up minimal assets and get back a player that can and does play up and down the roster while producing? We seriously saying no to a 40+ point a year forward vs standing pat? 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

So you're saying we should get rid of Kakko who has the same exact "health issues". I've never heard of such a thing where he has to be tested so often.  Tested for what? He's a diabetic. He has pumps that regulate his insulin much like every diabetic in this century. They aren't testing his blood sugar every 10 minutes and regulating his insulin. Can you share where you are getting this information from? 

Chytil stinks THIS YEAR. Domi is an improvement over him and Hunt no matter what. He's a career 40+ point guy, who does well in a supporting role. Dryden Hunt probably doesn't even have 40 career points. 

You're knocking a 40 point guy who would probably come at the cost of a B prospect and a 3rd round pick. Who else is realistically out there where you don't need a team or 2 to eat salary or to cough up multipletop prospects? 

You'd rather stick with Hunt or Chytil? Yeah, no. Sorry. I go with the guy that's a realistic get, who can produce 40 points with a fuckin insulin syringe sticking out of his ass (according to you). 

Where I'm getting my info from regarding his diabetes? The internet. Just Google it. Wikipedia and other sources. It's easy to find. 

And no, I'm not saying anything about Kakko. I've never mentioned him so I'm not sure why you are. They have different conditions. I also specifically said, it's not his condition that is the main reason. It's just one reason. His lack of production is the main reason. 

I've also never said a word about Hunt or wanting to stick with Chytil. I'm simply saying your "target" is a shitty one. We shouldn't be targeting marginal upgrades. We should be targeting real upgrades. 

Domi has had 1 really nice season in 7 years, and is already on his 3rd organization. Not to mention that you can’t deploy him in anything other than an offensive role, but he’s not a consistent offensive producer. He’s below average  defensively, doesn’t kill penalties, and his ice time diminishes with each passing season.

I think they can do better.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Where I'm getting my info from regarding his diabetes? The internet. Just Google it. Wikipedia and other sources. It's easy to find. 

And no, I'm not saying anything about Kakko. I've never mentioned him so I'm not sure why you are. They have different conditions. I also specifically said, it's not his condition that is the main reason. It's just one reason. His lack of production is the main reason. 

I've also never said a word about Hunt or wanting to stick with Chytil. I'm simply saying your "target" is a shitty one. We shouldn't be targeting marginal upgrades. We should be targeting real upgrades. 

They have the same exact conditions. Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac disease.  So, if you think that his health condition is an issue,  I'm guessing anyone with those conditions is a problem. So.. Kakko is a problem...

It's a sensitive subject to me  because my brother has lived with diabetes from age 12 and I feel the condition is massively exaggerated and or misunderstood as a problem to those who never dealt with it. Especially in the way you talked about it. I don't see how a person with diabetes has to be tested in any way you made reference to. It's a shot at a player you aren't a fan of and a ridiculous and uneducated take on what it's like to live the way an adult type 1 diabetic (especially an athlete) has to. It a hard life, but if you are smart and manage it, it's not debilitating. 

What fucking lack of production are you talking about? He's a 40+ point player throughout his career. That's perfect for the Rangers needs at 3td God damn line center and a supporting cast top 6 winger. 

Again. Come up with a realistic option that doesn't require retention or 2 team retention before you shit on any realistic option. 

The player isn't shitty. He just isn't a former elite player like those being discussed.  Some of you are aiming way too fucking high with your expectations. Or dreaming of impossible scenarios where teams want to dump quality players signed to term, where they have to eat salary. 

Sorry. Domi is the bar. Got better? Talk about it. Fuck that.

Brassard is the minimum. Injury and all. Time to step back and look at reality. Otherwise everyone here is going to be seriously disappointed. 

Edited by The Dude

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They have the same exact conditions. Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac disease.  So, if you think that his health condition is an issue,  I'm guessing anyone with those conditions is a problem. 

It's a sensitive subject to me  because my brother has lived with diabetes from age 12 and I feel the condition is massively exaggerated as a problem to those who never dealt with it, especially in the way you talked about it. I don't see how a person with diabetes has to be tested in any way you made reference to. It's a shot at a player you aren't a fan of and a ridiculous and uneducated take on what it's like to live the way an adult type 1 diabetic (especially an athlete) gas to. 

What fucking lack of production are you talking about? He's a 40+ point player throughout his career. That's perfect for the Rangers needs at 3td God damn line center and a supporting cast top 6 winger. 

Again. Come up with a realistic option that doesn't require retention or 2 team retention before you shit on any realistic option. 

The player isn't shitty. He just isn't a former elite player like those being discussed.  Some of you are aiming way too fucking high with your expectations. Or dreaming of impossible scenarios where teams want to dump quality players signed to term, where they have to eat salary. 

Sorry. Domi is the bar. Got better? Talk about it. Fuck that.

Brassard is the minimum. Injury and all. Time to step back and look at reality. Otherwise everyone here is going to be seriously disappointed. 

I already explained his lack of production avod. They have identical stats last year.  Oth are beyond mediocre. I, not sure why you want to die on this point about a declining beyond average player. I remember his father too. Does ly mean his son needs to be here. 

id l8ke a real upgrade. Not a lateral moment that is probably either taking a major cut next year or pot territory which we can give him then without giving g up anything. 

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I already explained his lack of production avod. They have identical stats last year.  Oth are beyond mediocre. I, not sure why you want to die on this point about a declining beyond average player. I remember his father too. Does ly mean his son needs to be here. 

id l8ke a real upgrade. Not a lateral moment that is probably either taking a major cut next year or pot territory which we can give him then without giving g up anything. 

Did you type this while you were mid stranger?

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Further, it’s an upgrade with extreme question marks that will be gone at years end. If we go for a rental, there are a handful of other handfuls we could look at to really upgrade our team rather than mediocrity. 

Because this one is spot on.  Must have got the feeling back.

Edited by Long live the King
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He's not declining though. He's a career 40+ point player. He has identical stats to Hunt?

Are you reading what I'm saying at all? He can replace Hunt OR Chytil. Chytil is likely to go in any other trade. He's definitely an upgrade on Hunt. Why are you skipping over that? 

He's a rental. This isn't some long term solution. 

I honestly have no idea what the fuck you are saying.  I understand it's late. What's pot territory?

13 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Further, it’s an upgrade with extreme question marks that will be gone at years end. If we go for a rental, there are a handful of other handfuls we could look at to really upgrade our team rather than mediocrity. 

Ok. Who? And who's going to actually be affordable in trade?

And why did you skip over your bullshit about a diabetic having to be tested as often as you said. That's absolutely false and if you don't want a player with the issues Domi has health wise,  then you must want Kakko gone as well. 

Edited by The Dude

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's not declining though. He's a career 40+ point player. He has identical stats to Hunt?

Are you reading what I'm saying at all? He can replace Hunt OR Chytil. Chytil is likely to go in any other trade. He's definitely an upgrade on Hunt. Why are you skipping over that? 

He's a rental. This isn't some long term solution. 

I honestly have no idea what the fuck you are saying.  I understand it's late. What's pot territory?

He is declining though. I showed it to you above. His goals decline, how much they trust on the ice declines, etc. he’s at Chytil production last year and mostly this year. 

he’s on a shit Columbus and still can’t manage more than 13 minutes per game. Like I showed, last year he had identical stats to Chytil and Domi played more. If I’m upgrading on Chytil, I’m not doing so by upgrading to a guy that is basically the same and leaving next year. 

im not skipping over anything. No one knows if Chytil is going in another trade. That’s just speculation. I’d love it if he does but I’d Peter a guy back that could be part of a future in some way. 

I don’t care if you average his projections now to what the past was. He has score 17 goals in the last two years thus far. Chytil has scored 12. It’s not really much of an upgrade. 

you’re thinking is that it’s cheap to obtain. So while you’re thinking Paul Mara type ho him upgrade, some like myself are thinking that if you are going to take a run then really go for it. 

Don’t go for crap just to go for crap.  

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

He is declining though. I showed it to you above. His goals decline, how much they trust on the ice declines, etc. he’s at Chytil production last year and mostly this year. 

he’s on a shit Columbus and still can’t manage more than 13 minutes per game. Like I showed, last year he had identical stats to Chytil and Domi played more. If I’m upgrading on Chytil, I’m not doing so by upgrading to a guy that is basically the same and leaving next year. 

im not skipping over anything. No one knows if Chytil is going in another trade. That’s just speculation. I’d love it if he does but I’d Peter a guy back that could be part of a future in some way. 

I don’t care if you average his projections now to what the past was. He has score 17 goals in the last two years thus far. Chytil has scored 12. It’s not really much of an upgrade. 

you’re thinking is that it’s cheap to obtain. So while you’re thinking Paul Mara type ho him upgrade, some like myself are thinking that if you are going to take a run then really go for it. 

Don’t go for crap just to go for crap.  

spacer.png

Boy. That point total is in such a decline. He's a career 40 point player.  So, when he paces 40 points for this season (looks like hes right there), I say hes not treading down. He had a bad transition year last year to a shit team. He's back to his normal output, with even less icetime. 

Chytil paced 40 points last year. Hes not THIS year. He is lost out there. Hunt is dog shit. A career 40 point player who has adjusted to 3rd line minutes and spot duty on the top lines isnt what the team could use? 

Again. He is versatile, can play any forward position,  can play up and down the lineup and isn't a pipe dream. Give me names that are realistic, that are on the radar, and aren't going to cost 3 top prospects. They need 2 forwards. Not 1. 

As I said.  I want to go all in. But smaller deals will also have to be made. I'm suggesting this guy AND one of the big names. I layed out potential lines including those names... I don't understand why you act like this is the only move I'm suggesting. 

If you'd rather have Hunt, then you're just being difficult. If you'd rather a different player. Name one and make it realistic, not some pipe dream of salary retention.

Lower level prospect and a (non 1st round) draft pick.. Go. 

Again,  so you can understand... They need 2 forwards. One is going to be a big cost. The other likely isn't, because they can't empty the entire cupboard. 

Edited by The Dude

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

spacer.png

Boy. That point total is in such a decline. He's a career 40 point player.  So, when he paces 40 points for this season (looks like hes right there), I say hes not treading down. He had a bad transition year last year to a shit team. He's back to his normal output, with even less icetime. 

Chytil paced 40 points last year. Hes not THIS year. He is lost out there. Hunt is dog shit. A career 40 point player who has adjusted to 3rd line minutes and spot duty on the top lines isnt what the team could use? 

Again. He is versatile, can play any forward position,  can play up and down the lineup and isn't a pipe dream. Give me names that are realistic, that are on the radar, and aren't going to cost 3 top prospects. They need 2 forwards. Not 1. 

As I said.  I want to go all in. But smaller deals will also have to be made. I'm suggesting this guy AND one of the big names. I layed out potential lines including those names... I don't understand why you act like this is the only move I'm suggesting. 

If you'd rather have Hunt, then you're just being difficult. If you'd rather a different player. Name one and make it realistic, not some pipe dream of salary retention.

Lower level prospect and a (non 1st round) draft pick.. Go. 

Again,  so you can understand... They need 2 forwards. One is going to be a big cost. The other likely isn't, because they can't empty the entire cupboard. 

He has 19 points this year. 9 of them are in 3 games. If you can’t tell that’s regression then so be it. 
.88 ppg

.69 ppg

.44 ppg

.57 ppg  (but really .33 ppg if you take out the 3 games he’s shown up for this year)

Domi is dog shit. He’s a lateral move. Not an upgrade. What you call “versatile and can slot up and down in the lineup” really means “isn’t good enough at nearly 27 years old in a contract year to crack the top 6 consistently on a team that isn’t even remotely stacked.” He’s certainly not a player worth fighting a losing argument over.  His only good attribute is that on the rare occasion he does put up a point, it’s at even strength. 

I could do without the snarky “agsin so you can understand “ jabs when you want to discuss hockey. I get that this isn’t the only transaction you are suggesting, but this is a thread you bumped about Max Domi. If getting 2-3 other actual pieces that could improve us are prerequisites to have acquiring Domi make sense, then I’d probably say it proves even moreso that Domi never makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He has 19 points this year. 9 of them are in 3 games. If you can’t tell that’s regression then so be it. 
.88 ppg

.69 ppg

.44 ppg

.57 ppg  (but really .33 ppg if you take out the 3 games he’s shown up for this year)

Domi is dog shit. He’s a lateral move. Not an upgrade. What you call “versatile and can slot up and down in the lineup” really means “isn’t good enough at nearly 27 years old in a contract year to crack the top 6 consistently on a team that isn’t even remotely stacked.” He’s certainly not a player worth fighting a losing argument over.  His only good attribute is that on the rare occasion he does put up a point, it’s at even strength. 

I could do without the snarky “agsin so you can understand “ jabs when you want to discuss hockey. I get that this isn’t the only transaction you are suggesting, but this is a thread you bumped about Max Domi. If getting 2-3 other actual pieces that could improve us are prerequisites to have acquiring Domi make sense, then I’d probably say it proves even moreso that Domi never makes sense. 

Oh jeez with you. You talk shit then get mad at a sarcastic jab, because you have continually skipped over parts of my take to put it down.

Now you're taking points away from a player to lessen the facts. That's where you went with this.

"Oh yeah, well if you take away the points he had here, the season he had there and the goals he scored 2 weeks ago,  he's really not that good at all"  

How does one argue by altering the stats to make your point?

40 points is 40 points. .44 - .57 ppg? Guess what that is? 40 fucking points in an 82 game season. 

Lateral move over Hunt is a heaping pile of elephant shit. Not a career 40 point man. 

But if you took Hunt, added Sellanes legs to Hunts body, and put Gretzkys brain in his head, Hunt is actually a 200 point player. 

What? We can't do that? Oh. Just you can.. 

• LMFAO 1

Just now, The Dude said:

Oh jeez with you. You talk shit then get mad at a sarcastic jab, because you have continually skipped over parts of my take to put it down.

Now you're taking points away from a player to lessen the facts. That's where you went with this.

"Oh yeah, well if you take away the points he had here, the season he had there and the goals he scored 2 weeks ago,  he's really not that good at all"  

How does one argue by altering the stats to make your point?

40 points is 40 points. .44 - .57 ppg? Guess what that is? 40 fucking points in an 82 game season. 

Lateral move over Hunt is a heaping pile of elephant shit. Not a career 40 point man. 

But if you took Hunt, added Sellanes legs to Hunts body, and put Gretzkys brain in his head, Hunt is actually a 200 point player. 

What? We can't do that? Oh. Just you can.. 

where am I talking shit? By saying I think Domi isn’t much of a good player these days?  And yes, if nearly half of a players production comes in 3 games, I’ll look a little in depth with that, especially when it’s been a steady decline for a few years in the first place in nearly every part of his game. If it walks like a duck , quacks like a duck, acts like a duck then I’d say we know exactly what animal he is. 

Id say we are done here.  Im not skipping over your take. I just don’t feel Max Domi is some target to obtain this trade deadline. It’s just that simple. And apparently I’m not alone in thinking this. I’m not even sure wtf the last part of your post is aiming towards accomplishing so I’ll just leave it at that. 

If you want to replace Hunt with a cheap option go get Cody Eakin who plays PK, wins faceoffs, has playoff experience, and played well for Gallant in Vegas.

You want a 3C that's cheaper than Pavelski or Giroux go get Andrew Copp.  More offense than Domi, plays PK, wins faceoffs, has playoff experience. 

Edited by Long live the King
  • Applause 1

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

where am I talking shit? By saying I think Domi isn’t much of a good player these days?  And yes, if nearly half of a players production comes in 3 games, I’ll look a little in depth with that, especially when it’s been a steady decline for a few years in the first place in nearly every part of his game. If it walks like a duck , quacks like a duck, acts like a duck then I’d say we know exactly what animal he is. 

Id say we are done here.  Im not skipping over your take. I just don’t feel Max Domi is some target to obtain this trade deadline. It’s just that simple. And apparently I’m not alone in thinking this. I’m not even sure wtf the last part of your post is aiming towards accomplishing so I’ll just leave it at that. 

Don’t worry, he will block you now since you don’t agree with his stupidity.

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

If you want to replace Hunt with a cheap option go get Cody Eakin who plays PK, wins faceoffs, has playoff experience, and played well for Gallant in Vegas.

You want a 3C that's cheaper than Pavelski or Giroux go get Andrew Copp.  More offense than Domi, plays PK, wins faceoffs, has playoff experience. 

Stop making sense, it might hurt his brain.

• LMFAO 1