• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan O'Reilly

Phil

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And have what, ROR play first line center?

If anything, its ROR instead of Strome to give that line some manliness. Panarin needs ROR more than Buch and Kreider/Laf

Yeah, I mean, Strome before Zibanejad, but is Strome really going to tempt St. Louis to deal ROR?

I mean, in that situation, ROR would step in when Buch is getting punched in the face and Panarin wouldn't have to jump on Wilson's back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Probably. But then it's ROR getting rag dolled!

I hope they don't over rotate on the Wilson incident. That's a one-time thing from a unicorn player that is unlikely to ever happen again.

Probably. But then it's ROR getting rag dolled!

I hope they don't over rotate on the Wilson incident. That's a one-time thing from a unicorn player that is unlikely to ever happen again.

Totally, but preferable over Panarin getting hurt.

And agree can't over react to that. Especially considering Trouba, Kreider, and Lindgren were all out of the lineup as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Would he though?

I don't swap Zibanejad OR Strome for O'Reilly. Shit, not even Chytil.

I swap Strome+ for O'reilly without thinking about it twice. Zibanejad is a different story. Bread has proved he can play with anyone, and ROR is a champion who has not only proven he can win, proven he can play in a million different ways. Strome has none of that. It's an easy choice.

The issue there is just will they do it? I doubt it but given the sweep this is another guy you have to ask after. I think the chances of this happening are much smaller than thought because STL was immensely banged up this series, which I don't think leads you to trade your former Conn Smythe winning captain. That said, stranger things have happened this season.

Both Tkachucks are impossible players to replace. I wouldn't trade either if I was their GM unless it was a drastic overpay. To think some people were saying they were no talent third liners in their draft years.

unfortunately in NHL circles the name itself boarders royalty....

but if wayne can go... anyone can.

I'm thinking if the Panthers lose tonight, their roster is up for pickings. I'm stunned they are doing so poorly. Maybe a guy like Hornqvist becomes available for nothing. Barkov for something? Do they move Bennett after he arrived and dominated?

ROR has 64 penalty minutes in his career he's not stepping in on anything

Yep!

I thought this had to be off but it's actually even worse when you consider the number of games imo, according to hockeydb in 912 NHL games he's got 132 penalty minutes. Only thing he's maybe stepping in is dog shit on the way out of the arena :)

I’m not sure RoR would step in, but that’s beside the point.

We’re looking for guys that will make the Rangers harder to play against and better suited for playoff hockey.

Not Rob Ray II.

That's my point. ROR > Strome and no issues going after him (not that STL is trading him), but don't think he's some type of answer to physicality. He's just a different type of offensive player and fantastic defensively.

ROR wouldnt be in NY to fight. He'd be that solid, physical, hard to play against guy up the middle. They need that more than anything.

They have other needs, but this is the biggest.

Right.

Being hard to play against doesn't mean you need to be overly physical, or fight. Patrice Bergeron is hard to play against.

When we say the Rangers are easy to play against, it's because they only attack one way and if you take that away... ROR answers that.

Whatever happened against the Capitals is not the same thing that happened against the Islanders. We need to address what happened against the islanders, how do you play against stifling defense, not what happened against the capitals where you have a player who's (A) unicorn who will do what he does regardless of who's on the other side (Reaves?), something that a nobody could have stopped...and (B) never really happens anyway.

Right.

Being hard to play against doesn't mean you need to be overly physical, or fight. Patrice Bergeron is hard to play against.

When we say the Rangers are easy to play against, it's because they only attack one way and if you take that away... ROR answers that.

Whatever happened against the Capitals is not the same thing that happened against the Islanders. We need to address what happened against the islanders, how do you play against stifling defense, not what happened against the capitals where you have a player who's (A) unicorn who will do what he does regardless of who's on the other side (Reaves?), something that a nobody could have stopped...and (B) never really happens anyway.

This 100%

It’s why it’s been rumored that Dolan has been upset with the structure of this team since getting smoked by the Islanders. The Wilson thing was just icing on the cake.