• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

I play 27 y.o. Rooney over 22 y.o. Howden every day of the week. What exactly does Howden bring to the table? Howden, at his best, is Kevin Rooney. Rooney at his worst is still better than normal Howden.

Agreed. Howden isn't a "kid." He's a pretty known quantity, even if he is young. He'll be damn near 200 NHL games by the end of this season. You know what you have there, and it ain't much.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like Howden is going to be a late bloomer and be a pretty successful bottom 6 guy, and I'm totally fine if it doesn't happen here.

Yeah, he can be someone's Mike Rupp, and that's OK.

Blueshirts Breakaway made the point that our top 9 wingers are currently

Laf-Buch

Panarin-Kakko

Kreider-Blackwell

Who comes out make room for Kravtsov when he comes over? It's easy to say Blackwell, but that would be precisely the opposite of practicing meritocracy.

We'll see if it continues but I've liked what we've seen from Goat lately and wouldn;t be so keen to bench him.

I agree, BBB. Goat's definitely been much better, but someone has to sit...I actually think Rooney would be sitting instead of Howden as well. but we'll see.

I'm sure injuries/Covid will also help tell the tale as the season progresses. ...feels pretty good having some depth for a change though ;)

Laf-Buch

Panarin-Kakko

Kreider-Blackwell

Who comes out make room for Kravtsov when he comes over? It's easy to say Blackwell, but that would be precisely the opposite of practicing meritocracy.

TBH, I think Krav should go to the AHL for the remainder of the season, get used to playing in N/A, settle in. It's just a few months.

Then, let the team make a decision on Buch, trade him at draft or perhaps move Kravtsov in a package for a center.

• Like 1

TBH, I think Krav should go to the AHL for the remainder of the season, get used to playing in N/A, settle in. It's just a few months.

Then, let the team make a decision on Buch, trade him at draft or perhaps move Kravtsov in a package for a center.

You know what man, that makes the most sense....Way better than pissing off the guys that are already playing here by sitting them and causing drama. Considering this year is a learning year, and there's really nothing on the table, I think I'm gonna roll with Pete's idea. :thumbs:

Laf-Buch

Panarin-Kakko

Kreider-Blackwell

Panarin and Kakko are currently not in the lineup, so...

Not only that, but did the blog point out that those pairs are a.) not together, or have only been together for 2 games in a row, maximum?

With this season, is good to have guys that can come into the lineup and provide some offense, when necessary.

And if the team is still in the bottom teams in the division, he should be playing over everyone other than Kakko and Lafreniere.

or any of those mentioned wingers could be injured at the time Krav comes over. Or Blackwell could've exhausted his bag of tricks

Panarin and Kakko are currently not in the lineup, so...

Not only that, but did the blog point out that those pairs are a.) not together, or have only been together for 2 games in a row, maximum?

With this season, is good to have guys that can come into the lineup and provide some offense, when necessary.

And if the team is still in the bottom teams in the division, he should be playing over everyone other than Kakko and Lafreniere.

a) Panarin and Kakko will be by the time Kravtsov gets here

b) Bit of a pointless comment. Those six are our top six wingers (with a sprinkling of PdG). The point being that finding space for Kravtsov in the top 9 isn’t as clear cut as you might think

c) of course it’s good to have options in a Covid season, but - again - the point of that section of the podcast was where do you fit Kravtsov and what would the reaction be if he’s on the 4th line or the 13th man

d) couldn’t agree more, he should definitely play over a bunch of those guys if things stay the same, but we both know that’s not how it usually goes around here

Not a bad idea. Someone might be dealt at the deadline to open things up as well.

Laf-Buch

Panarin-Kakko

Kreider-Blackwell

Blackwell comes out. If you're not willing to take him out, don't bring Kravstov over.

Yeah, blackwell's been great but guess what? He's not a part of this team's future. The Rangers are a .500 team. They can't score goals. They're not making the playoffs. If the Rangers want to give their former #9OA pick a real chance he needs to play more than 4th line minutes and that means moving the trash heap players out of the way.

Blackwell comes out. If you're not willing to take him out, don't bring Kravstov over.

Yeah, blackwell's been great but guess what? He's not a part of this team's future. The Rangers are a .500 team. They can't score goals. They're not making the playoffs. If the Rangers want to give their former #9OA pick a real chance he needs to play more than 4th line minutes and that means moving the trash heap players out of the way.

i'd move Blackwell to the 4th line. he can get his points there too, im sure

I wouldn't risk alienating him, again, when you're clearly running a handful of re-treads out there on a nightly basis.

He deserves a chance to play. The season is over and Johnny Brodzinski has seen NHL time.

So play him 6 mins on the 4th line? That's not better than 20+ mins in AHL.