Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Good. Sign the man. Get this team to the playoffs next season.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    "So, where would you like to get traded?"

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    $30M for 5 years. We'd love to have you Chris. This is the best we can do.
    He might take at 6 years for 36 mill,and that's probably a discount because he will get more in the open market

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Good. Sign the man. Get this team to the playoffs next season.
    I am with you ,and you never know miracles can happen ,the rangers sniff the playoffs this season .

Kreider picked a fine time last night to do a spectacular job of doing what he usually does worst: finishing on a breakaway. Product warning to potential buyers: this is not how a Kreider breakaway usually ends up. Signing cost and trade take both going up.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Kreider picked a fine time last night to do a spectacular job of doing what he usually does worst: finishing on a breakaway. Product warning to potential buyers: this is not how a Kreider breakaway usually ends up. Signing cost and trade take both going up.

Given the vast amounts of web-scraping technology the NHL almost assuredly uses, perhaps we should refrain from saying things that could decrease his trade value.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    [/b]

Given the vast amounts of web-scraping technology the NHL almost assuredly uses, perhaps we should refrain from saying things that could decrease his trade value.
    You see him jump out of the pool though? So sick. Imagine having that kind of raw strength on your team in the playoffs. I'd give at least a 1st and a blue chip prospect for that. Probably more.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    You see him jump out of the pool though? So sick. Imagine having that kind of raw strength on your team in the playoffs. I'd give at least a 1st and a blue chip prospect for that. Probably more.
    Too bad the game is played on frozen water.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I have him pegged at 2.8.

Love the energy, but every time I watch him... he’s not good. Team has too many of these bottom 6 players to be successful
    Yeah? I think he's a keeper. May be able to slot him up here and there. Did a decent job early in the season on the too line. I think he's pretty underrated. I totally hang onto him and see how he shakes out. They need wingers and they need grit that can do more than just fight. May need to slot him up again next season.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    Larry has written that 5-6 years @ 7 mil is the starting point of negotiations. 7m x 5y......enticing when that line is firing. Tough call. I was all aboard the ship him out train but damn, what a year he is having.

So, how do we clear that cap? Canes looking for a D man with term. Skjei? Buyout Lundquist? Idk how they play this chess match but this is going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    Larry has written that 5-6 years @ 7 mil is the starting point of negotiations. 7m x 5y......enticing when that line is firing. Tough call. I was all aboard the ship him out train but damn, what a year he is having.

So, how do we clear that cap? Canes looking for a D man with term. Skjei? Buyout Lundquist? Idk how they play this chess match but this is going to be an interesting couple of weeks.
    If that's the cost, we're next talking on June 27 or whenever that window opens.

That's fine. Happy to welcome him back to the team.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    Wouldve been nice to see Kakko chomping at the bit to jump on that line and produce like CK but not so much. Hopefully in a couple of years with that kid.

If they resign Kreids, do they give him the C?

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    Wouldve been nice to see Kakko chomping at the bit to jump on that line and produce like CK but not so much. Hopefully in a couple of years with that kid.

If they resign Kreids, do they give him the C?
    I'd like to see Trouba get the "C". But that's probably for another thread

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Gunnar Stahl's Avatar
    I love Kreider, but I cant help but feel like this is contract year fools gold. His numbers are decent, but he's never been elite and disappears for long stretches. I hope we don't get stuck with a 6-7 year contract that will get bought out in 3 years.
    I don't always back check, but when I do, I follow it up with a nasty wrister from a tight angle. Stay filthy, my friends. Hidden Content

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The chances of trade have to be near 100. If they really want him back they can sign him in the summer and figure the cap out then.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The chances of trade have to be near 100. If they really want him back they can sign him in the summer and figure the cap out then.
    That's obviously very risky if they really want him in the fold for the future. He might have some hard feelings about getting shipped out or may like the place he goes better than what he currently has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That's obviously very risky if they really want him in the fold for the future. He might have some hard feelings about getting shipped out or may like the place he goes better than what he currently has.
    If I were him or his agent, I wouldn’t even be too serious about negotiating an extension right now. He should just go to market.
    Let them trade you know, and spend the next few months playing for a team with a shot. Maybe he gets lucky and wins a Cup for his troubles.
    If he really wants to be here, he’ll have the opportunity to make another pass in July, while at the same time he gets to see the interest of other teams, how much is really available to him, and maybe even leverage his eventual suitor into more money.

It’s the best of both worlds.

Banned Junior Division
    His agent is getting 10% or so from Kreiders next contract. What do u think he’s telling Kreider to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    His agent is getting 10% or so from Kreiders next contract. What do u think he’s telling Kreider to do?
    No agent gets more than 6-7%
    Average is a shade over 4%

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast