• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, these lines are blah.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Fast

Buchnevich-Howden-Zuccarello

Vesey-Hayes-Spooner

Namestnikov-Chytil-Lettieri

I thought Kreider was awful last night... and he gets moved up?

That Hayes line looks... :disappointed:

personally dont like Buch and Zucc on the same line, as they play a very similar possession style.

But I liked Namestnikov and Chytil together, last night.

To me, these lines are blah.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Fast

Buchnevich-Howden-Zuccarello

Vesey-Hayes-Spooner

Namestnikov-Chytil-Lettieri

I thought Kreider was awful last night... and he gets moved up?

That Hayes line looks... :disappointed:

personally dont like Buch and Zucc on the same line, as they play a very similar possession style.

But I liked Namestnikov and Chytil together, last night.

They came so close to converting twice in the first, IIRC.

And agree on Zuc and Buch. Def split em up. I'd simply switch Buch and Fast on the top two lines, or MAYBE even let Vesey take Buch's spot, since he's been playing well...well has had some good shifts and periods.

I think McQuaid could use a game off.

I'm digging the idea of Spooner with Hayes. Spooner kind finds open ice. Hayes carries the puck so damn much, maybe he just needs someone to fling pucks to. Hopefully Vesey gets back to being noticable...

Namestnikov with Chytil looked ok. Namestnikov missed a few golden opportunities. At least he got some chances. That's an improvement.

Kinda think Kreider needs a message sent. Maybe put HIM on the 4th line with Chytil?

There?s a fine line between just not being that good and needing a message sent.

Unfortunately we?re finding out pretty quickly that the ?vet? players we have just aren?t that good.

We already knew that. If they were any good there would be no need for a rebuild.

I?m just hoping when all is said and done we end up with a top 3 pick in this years draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's really funny to me that people think he's some guy waiting to bust out and not just another Spooner or Namestnikov.

Buch? Well, his underlying numbers are superior to both. Especially Spooner. Namestnikov may not be a terrible comparison, though.

Because the underlying numbers suggest he could be a bit more under the right conditions. I tend to agree, but can be isn't often equal to is.

The issue here, though, is that he's being scratched for McLeod. It fucks with the optics. On paper, Buch sitting is fine. He hasn't played that well. But sitting him for an awful player who is objectively below replacement level, just sucks.

What I mean is, he's a 40 something point winger in a league full of 40 something point wingers.

Buch Twitter acts like he's a Kuznetsov in hiding.

I like him. I think he still projects as a 60-pt, top 6 winger.

But he's a complimentary player. I don't think he's going to drive the line. Unfortunately, we don't have any players to compliment.

I like him. I think he still projects as a 60-pt, top 6 winger.

But he's a complimentary player. I don't think he's going to drive the line. Unfortunately, we don't have any players to compliment.

I think he'll hit that in his absolute prime for a year or two and then quickly regress.

Because the underlying numbers suggest he could be a bit more under the right conditions. I tend to agree, but can be isn't often equal to is.

The issue here, though, is that he's being scratched for McLeod. It fucks with the optics. On paper, Buch sitting is fine. He hasn't played that well. But sitting him for an awful player who is objectively below replacement level, just sucks.

I think the optics are apparent.

You're playing worse than a plug, and we'd get more out of him than you.

It's a pretty telling move.

I agree I think Quinn is quickly coming to the realization that the talent level is so far below average everybody from top to bottom with the exception of Hank and Howden at this point are candidates to sit.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think that's dramatic. It's not about talent level, he knew what he was getting into.

Ice time is, was, and and always will be a motivational tool.

Archived