• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

So? It's fun to make guesses, not have people go "WELP, NO, THAT DEFINITELY HAPPENS!"

I agree. That's why I changed the thread to include spoilers, but its the only GoT thread, so people are obviously going to come in and talk.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine for a book, but the impact of Ned's death made for a better TV ending.

Even LotR did not follow the exact timeline of the books, and far more people read that. But I guess Tolkien wasn't bitching lol.

i'm sure if there was a series for lord of the rings they would have stayed more faithful to the books. 10 hours of screen time per book is a lot of time to tell the story.

the script for this pretty much writes itself.

No need to stop posting. I'd ask that you not post major spoilers so those of us/them watching each coming season who haven't read the books might still be surprised, but there's nothing wrong with comparing what we've seen on the screen to what happened in the book.

No need to stop posting. I'd ask that you not post major spoilers so those of us/them watching each coming season who haven't read the books might still be surprised, but there's nothing wrong with comparing what we've seen on the screen to what happened in the book.

Werd lyf.

i'm sure if there was a series for lord of the rings they would have stayed more faithful to the books. 10 hours of screen time per book is a lot of time to tell the story.

the script for this pretty much writes itself.

I always wanted a TV-Series after watching the first Jackson-movie and being a bit unsatidfied by it, but with the success the movies had this ios not happening soon, if ever.

By the way to discuss a possible flaw of the GoT-series compared to the books.

In Episode 9, we see the army of the north cross the Trident and march on to beat Jamie Lannister at Riverrun, while a small detach of "2.000 men" is "sent to their graves" by fighting Tywin's army on the eastern shores of the river. This implies that all remaining northern troops are with Robb and on the western side of the Trident.

I've read this part again in the book and there it says that Robb only takes his cavalry with himself and ALL the Infantry remains with Roose Bolton on the eastern shores, which leads to the northern army divided in two, after Bolton has to retreat. Would be a huge difference in my eyes, from a military standpoint.

I always wanted a TV-Series after watching the first Jackson-movie and being a bit unsatidfied by it, but with the success the movies had this ios not happening soon, if ever.

By the way to discuss a possible flaw of the GoT-series compared to the books.

In Episode 9, we see the army of the north cross the Trident and march on to beat Jamie Lannister at Riverrun, while a small detach of "2.000 men" is "sent to their graves" by fighting Tywin's army on the eastern shores of the river. This implies that all remaining northern troops are with Robb and on the western side of the Trident.

I've read this part again in the book and there it says that Robb only takes his cavalry with himself and ALL the Infantry remains with Roose Bolton on the eastern shores, which leads to the northern army divided in two, after Bolton has to retreat. Would be a huge difference in my eyes, from a military standpoint.

they haven't even mentioned roose bolton yet and i'd say he's a pretty significant character. i wondered about that as well.

they haven't even mentioned roose bolton yet and i'd say he's a pretty significant character. i wondered about that as well.

The Lord of Dreadfort has to come into the series one way or another next season. He is too important to be left out.

Just finished the first book. I cannot believe how wildly accurate the texts are vs the show.

Also - no idea why I never made the connection between Ser Jorah and Lord Commander Mormont. I was just oblivious to it but that could be a damn interesting storyline - both Mormont sons are with Targaeryans.

After Jules told me about this series a couple of weeks ago, I got hooked. Watched the entire series twice and now I'm about 1/4 into the 2nd book. The series stays immensely close to the books, although it is harder to keep track of who everyone is, although the connection between the Mormont and Ser Jorah is mentioned once I believe.

If the series continues to stay true to the story written, I think the series will continue to see success. Hopefully we get more episodes the 2nd time around!

P.S. For those of you interested to know which scenes were filmed where, I can confirm that all the scenes at King's Landing were filmed in Malta (including Ned Stark's execution). The marriage between Khal Drogo and Dany was filmed in Gozo, about a 10 minute drive of where I used to live.

For those of you who watched the first season, but not the books, I can guarantee you (without spoiling) that seasons 2 and 3 (if they stick to 1 season a book) will blow your mind. I'm halfway through book 4 at this point and I preordered book 5.