• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is Robert's son, that was implied before, but he is a bastard so not an heir to the throne. The actual claim to the throne lies with Stannis Baratheon, Roberts brother.

Though he is too unpopular to gather much support right now.

Correct. Stannis or Renly, I thought if Stannis wanted no part of it.

Complain to George Martin, then, because they're following the book — would have been somewhat irresponsible of them to end it at Ned's death only to start the next season (as each season is a book) as concluding the first book.

Taboo.

They would have had to alter the story too much to end with ned dying. Either making this season short and next season decently longer or really fucking witht the timeline.

there's a decent chunk of the book left when ned gets the axe... I mean sword.

They would have had to alter the story too much to end with ned dying. Either making this season short and next season decently longer or really fucking witht the timeline.

there's a decent chunk of the book left when ned gets the axe... I mean sword.

I don't see how...You're taking one episode off one season and tacking it on another. It's not that big a deal. Hell, I'd sit through a 2 hour premier of this.

I don't see how...You're taking one episode off one season and tacking it on another. It's not that big a deal. Hell, I'd sit through a 2 hour premier of this.

but you are looking at ned's death as the most significant thing that happens in the first book. the most significant event is the dragons hatching.

there's 4 more books that don't have ned in them.

but you are looking at ned's death as the most significant thing that happens in the first book. the most significant event is the dragons hatching.

there's 4 more books that don't have ned in them.

That's fine for a book, but the impact of Ned's death made for a better TV ending.

Even LotR did not follow the exact timeline of the books, and far more people read that. But I guess Tolkien wasn't bitching lol.