• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

48 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

All good.  I work most nights so its tough anyway but if its a night I can make it then I am down.  Where'd you guys go last time?

We went to Grille in the Ville in Farmingville.  I think we'll go with Keith's suggestion for the next one:  Either Buffalo Wild Wings or Village Idiot in Lake Grove.

We'll pick a night you can make it and go from there.  Let's see if we can get some "MOD-u-lar" representation on this one!!

Hey @Phil !!  You and the guys wanna bring the heat, or are you guys too far away?   ...asking for a friend!  LOL

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

We went to Grille in the Ville in Farmingville.  I think we'll go with Keith's suggestion for the next one:  Either Buffalo Wild Wings or Village Idiot in Lake Grove.

We'll pick a night you can make it and go from there.  Let's see if we can get some "MOD-u-lar" representation on this one!!

Hey @Phil !!  You and the guys wanna bring the heat, or are you guys too far away?   ...asking for a friend!  LOL

I'd be down for any of those places.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I live in Brooklyn, dude. You might be able to get me to Manhattan. You'll never get me to Long Island.

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I live in Brooklyn, dude. You might be able to get me to Manhattan. You'll never get me to Long Island.

Aren’t you from like Patchogue or something like that? Feel like I remember something along those lines. Or you have family near where I work? 

didn’t I arrest you once? 

• LOL 3

19 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Aren’t you from like Patchogue or something like that? Feel like I remember something along those lines. Or you have family near where I work? 

didn’t I arrest you once? 

Ha! Medford. Sister town.

• Applause 1

Not to bring things down but for those that don’t know, I lost my father on Halloween 2008 to Cancer. It was 3 weeks into my actual career so I had no idea what to do.  He collapsed on the way to my graduation ceremony weeks ago with a “proud police dad” shirt we never got to see. Such a weird random day out of all to lose a family member. Last 5 years or so it’s been long enough to not “care” enough to ruin the holiday but still.

I never got to say goodbye at the hospice because I got stuck on a dead body the night before at work and had never patrolled a Halloween before as a cop so by time I got out, it was late enough that I said “I’ll see him tomorrow after work.” I never knew what to expect as a cop at work on Halloween. So I need a good. Ignition sleep. 

Wake up, go to work, and all morning I just felt like it’s wrong for me to be there. I tried calling at like 11am to see if I can use time and take the day off.  Lieutenant answered and informed me that my mother had called an hour before ( she was afraid to call me directly and interrupt my shift) to say he passed. Locked the car up , got in my personal car and went to the hospice to at least give him one last goodbye even though the life clearly was gone and he was cold. 56. Way too young.

Did the manly thing and took charge to pick his plot, coffin, pay, set everything up since everyone was a mess. Got a call halfway through from work saying “it wasn’t authorized to leave so you need to decide what kind of special time you want to use, vacation, personal,  what…but you owe us time in the future” yeah okay,  my dad died. Take whatever the fuck you want. Wild times.

anyway, my bigger point is for everyone to use a holiday like this and take pics of everything. Remember all these times. Enjoy them. Embrace them. Never know when one day it’s not there. 

Anyway. Just figured I’d share this since technically so many of us here have known each other through quite a lot. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Sorry to hear that.

I wish everyone would put the same effort into curing cancer as they did covid, which ranked third behind heart disease and cancer.

I fear all these late cancet diagnoses missed last year.

We've had a lot of cancer in my family. My mom's struggled with breast cancer for almost 20 years. It's brutal watching people suffer.

• Like 3

cancer is fucking everywhere. helping a friend with it now as he tries to juggle treatment while keeping his restaurant open. it’s such a mess on every level and the cost is insane. 

related, after watching family members line up, suffer, and die in the worst ways from it I’ve never been more pro-assisted suicide. there has to be a better way. 

• Like 1