• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Just curious, dude. Trying to gauge how "serious" things are from a timing point of view.

Haha, I know. It's... still early I guess. For a lot of people, including myself, 4 months is not a point in a relationship where you should have to make big decisions and be saying that everything is immediately working out as it should, but the situation (distance, her (sports) career, my college future and career) is kind of forcing us to go big, or go home. If we don't believe in a future together, we shouldn't try and we are realistic enough to talk about that. However, those conversations have led us to believing we can get through this and we have what it takes to make this happen.

And hey, if not, it was probably one hell of an adventure. So far it is and, except for the parts where I miss her very much, I'm loving every second of it.

The way I see it, Jules, everything is about risk. Risk is a requirement for reward, and it's scary, but if you're not scared it means you aren't taking a risk which means you're not taking the chance to be rewarded.

Only you two know your comfort levels with all of this.

• Like 1

The way I see it, Jules, everything is about risk. Risk is a requirement for reward, and it's scary, but if you're not scared it means you aren't taking a risk which means you're not taking the chance to be rewarded.

Nice words, man. Repped. :)

I dated my wife for about a year before we got engaged. You know when you are with that person that this is the person I want to spend my life with. There is no set amount of time that people have to date. My best friend was engaged after 6 or 7 months. You just have to do what is right and go at your pace, no one elses.
  • Like 1

I dated my wife for about a year before we got engaged. You know when you are with that person that this is the person I want to spend my life with. There is no set amount of time that people have to date. My best friend was engaged after 6 or 7 months. You just have to do what is right and go at your pace, no one elses.

Thanks man. Repped you too. Things are different for her and me though. We are very much in love, but how well do you know someone after 1 or 2 years if you mainly talk on Skype and all the weeks you spend together feel like vacation? We want to make sure we are ready for a common future, besides what our feelings tell us. It's a split between acting now and being smart.

• Like 1

Thanks man. Repped you too. Things are different for her and me though. We are very much in love, but how well do you know someone after 1 or 2 years if you mainly talk on Skype and all the weeks you spend together feel like vacation? We want to make sure we are ready for a common future, besides what our feelings tell us. It's a split between acting now and being smart.

Repped. This is a great thing to realize, Jules. You're wiser than a lot of people who are my age.

• Like 1

Just run with what feels right, Jules. Only you guys know the answer to that — no one else, and don't let anyone else make you think they do, because they don't and they can't.

Very good point,. I know someone who knew her now husband for only a few months before they announced they were getting married. Some people thought it was crazy due to the short time, but how is anyone besides the couple able to form an opinion on a relationship that they aren't part of it. And to this day they're still married and it's been several years

Very good point,. I know someone who knew her now husband for only a few months before they announced they were getting married. Some people thought it was crazy due to the short time, but how is anyone besides the couple able to form an opinion on a relationship that they aren't part of it. And to this day they're still married and it's been several years

Exactly.

Every relationship means taking a risk. Sometimes it doesn't work out. But other times it does. You guys know what is right & best for you right now. Live in the moment. The future will be there waiting. In the meantime, enjoy what it is for right now and let things develop. And for the record, you can get to know someone pretty well just by talking to them. I mean, yes, you need physical interaction, but don't downplay how well you guys will get to know each other through talking, too.

Rob & I were only back together for a couple of months before we knew we were getting married. Yes, we dated for 4 1/2 years previously, but 8/9 years in between with no communication with each other... We did have to get to know each other a little bit again. The distance sucked, but the talking on the phone made it easier to focus on some of the stuff we really needed to talk about.

And as I'm typing assignments it hits me. I said goodbye to her this morning and will not hold her again until July 5th... oh man. :(

Aw I'm sorry Jules.

Jimmy and I see each other every 2-3 weeks so we are very lucky. I still am really bad with the goodbyes though so I definitely feel for you :(

Aw I'm sorry Jules.

Jimmy and I see each other every 2-3 weeks so we are very lucky. I still am really bad with the goodbyes though so I definitely feel for you :(

I did the 2-3 weeks things before and said "never again", next relationship I end up in a 2-3 months situation. You can't make it up. :)

Went to Dunkin Donuts to buy coffee and I handed the lady behind the counter a gift card. She looks up at me and says, "Would you like to use this for the coffee?". I just stared at her in disillusionment. Even after all these years, I guess part of me believed the human race still had a chance.

Went to Dunkin Donuts to buy coffee and I handed the lady behind the counter a gift card. She looks up at me and says, "Would you like to use this for the coffee?". I just stared at her in disillusionment. Even after all these years, I guess part of me believed the human race still had a chance.

yea that beats what happened to me just a little bit ago, lol. Handed a kid a coupon for something and hes like asking the other person how much off it is and I said it's a dollar off. He goes, yeah I forgot to read the large print :confused:

I know exactly how you feel man. When I was dating my wife, I was working nights, she was working days as a teachers assistant. Her days off were Saturday and Sunday and she coached after work until 7 2-3 days a week and had to do swim meets on some of the weekends. My schedule at work Gaza 5 nights working then 2 nights off, then 5 nights working and 3 nights off so my days off were always changing. Sometimes I saw her for like 4 hours a week if we were lucky. When I got transferred it was a little bit easier because I now have Fridays and Saturdays off, and we saw each other a little bit more. Now That we are married, we still have the same schedule, but I see her only on Friday nights and Saturdays, and Sunday morning before I leave for work. She is a city teacher now, and leaves for work at 630 in the morning when I am sleeping, and I come home at around midnight when she is sleeping, so our weekends are the only time we really see each other. We talk on the phone more than we see each other curing the week.

Tonight, the Devils' alumni is sending our league Grant Marshall. They could have sent Stevens, Daneyko, or even Chris Tererri, but no, they give us a player who scored 17 goals in 151 games over three seasons in New Jersey. He better stay the hell away from my top scorer...

THANK YOU to Mike & Robin for their support tonight! I really appreciate it! :D

I am so freakin' full right now. Urgh. Seriously, I ate too much, but it was all for the cause! :rofl: 7 legit tables and about 20-25 tables in total courtesy of flyers being handed out to random people by a few friends. Hopefully that translates into a few hundred bucks. *crosses fingers*