• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I haven't posted a lot lately, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the outdoor country life here in Michigan right now and we're roadtripping from tomorrow until late next week. Not to cities or anything unique, but just from B&B to B&B on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, northern Wisconsin and to Duluth, Minnesota. Relaxing, enjoying nature and having a great time. Yeehaw.

:cheers:

I haven't posted a lot lately, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the outdoor country life here in Michigan right now and we're roadtripping from tomorrow until late next week. Not to cities or anything unique, but just from B&B to B&B on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, northern Wisconsin and to Duluth, Minnesota. Relaxing, enjoying nature and having a great time. Yeehaw.

sounds awesome Jules!!

Jules, you can't fool me. I know how shitty the mid-west is

LOL. :D

I would move to certain areas of the Midwest in a heartbeat. Parts of it are shitty indeed, but the area around Madison and Milwaukee is great and there's lots of pro and college sport around, Chicago is a fantastic city and my girlfriend's home-home here in Michigan is fabulous too. I agree that parts are indeed shitty and travel is often far distance-wise, but I really like it here. Although, all joking aside, I realize it's not for everyone.

We're looking into a California—Alaska cruise for the honeymoon. Would give us the best of both worlds since she likes warm weather and also wants to see California. Figure we could go stay in San Diego a couple nights to start, then hit the cruise.

Settle in the middle Phil, move to Minnesota. Friendly folks, great schools, cool towns, lots of wonderful scenery and there's a reason they are known as the "State of Hockey".

Ha! Yeah, and I'll buy a property with an income suite. You can move in with us and be our basement tenants! :D

what, the days upon days of overcast grayness that typify upstate NY doesnt suit you :p?

Her family lives in Horseheads. Shitty town, but near Watkins Glen and the like. Not bad, but meh. I guess I wouldn't be totally opposed to it.

Ha! Yeah, and I'll buy a property with an income suite. You can move in with us and be our basement tenants! :D

We are actually looking at either moving back to where she grew up and maybe convert a property here in to a Bed & Breakfast or we want to move to southern Wisconsin and keep living in Madison. Next month my girlfriend is moving to Philadelphia for her rowing career, but in two years from now I'll hopefully be moving here and we'll see what plan feels and is the best. :)

We are actually looking at either moving back to where she grew up and maybe convert a property here in to a Bed & Breakfast or we want to move to southern Wisconsin and keep living in Madison. Next month my girlfriend is moving to Philadelphia for her rowing career, but in two years from now I'll hopefully be moving here and we'll see what plan feels and is the best. :)

I can't see her OKing the idea of the mid-west. Not without visiting first.

Better than Binghamton, I guess. Looks like Long Island, but greyer and uglier

Long Island is likely where we'll end up. Close enough to the city that I could still commute without issue or work within driving distance. Most of my family also lives in Eastern Suffolk county. We'll probably look in western Suffolk or eastern Nassau depending on the housing available. Buyers market now, so we're hoping in a year or two when we start looking things are still relatively cheap.

Long Island is likely where we'll end up. Close enough to the city that I could still commute without issue or work within driving distance. Most of my family also lives in Eastern Suffolk county. We'll probably look in western Suffolk or eastern Nassau depending on the housing available. Buyers market now, so we're hoping in a year or two when we start looking things are still relatively cheap.

I'm in western Suffolk. Houses in my area are fuckin expensive lol. And the property/school taxes are just as high.

I'm in western Suffolk. Houses in my area are fuckin expensive lol. And the property/school taxes are just as high.

Well western Suffolk is a wide range. We could look in cheaper areas, or more specifically at foreclosures and short sales to save on the actual price, though there's nothing to be done about the taxes. Huntington/Huntington Station if we went north shore, Farmingdale/Hicksville if we're looking middle island or maybe Amityville-area if we went south shore. Hard to say, really. Depending on what kind of job opportunities I had I may even just look in Medford near my parents.