• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I played NHL 11 for the first time in 5 mths..updated rosters and everything,forgot how much I dislike this game though.The controls are fucked,they better fix the passing cause it's flat out retarded.

It's based on how long you hold the trigger. Hard passes barely work because players usually cough up the puck.

You also can't do stretch passes because the damn players don't move out, they just drift around your blue line until you start to move forward.

Never work..lol.So dumb and the fact that you get a wrist shot in the slot and try to go high glove and the goalie gloves it every fucking time or high blocker side to get shrugged off.

Player movement just doesn't feel fluid either.EA did great for a few years but its time for some upgrades.

Never work..lol.So dumb and the fact that you get a wrist shot in the slot and try to go high glove and the goalie gloves it every fucking time or high blocker side to get shrugged off.

Player movement just doesn't feel fluid either.EA did great for a few years but its time for some upgrades.

NHL 12 should be better. All shots need improvement. Getting off a one timer is hard because the players will sometimes just one time a weak wrist shot on goal.

The AI is terrible. The players don't move up enough on 2 on 1s. The interceptions are unrealistic. Some goalie saves are unrealistic while some should be saves. The goalies also look way to flexible and need more form. A butterfly goaltender will not have the same movement as a stand up, same goes for a hybrid. There also needs to be better movement int he crease when playing as a goalie. All you do is shuffle. You should have the option to T-push or C-cut.

NHL 12 should be better. All shots need improvement. Getting off a one timer is hard because the players will sometimes just one time a weak wrist shot on goal.

The AI is terrible. The players don't move up enough on 2 on 1s. The interceptions are unrealistic. Some goalie saves are unrealistic while some should be saves. The goalies also look way to flexible and need more form. A butterfly goaltender will not have the same movement as a stand up, same goes for a hybrid. There also needs to be better movement int he crease when playing as a goalie. All you do is shuffle. You should have the option to T-push or C-cut.

All so true..basically a whole new AI..lol

I also despise how easy it is for the computer to steal the puck from you from behind...yet everytime you do it to them its a penalty.

All so true..basically a whole new AI..lol

I also despise how easy it is for the computer to steal the puck from you from behind...yet everytime you do it to them its a penalty.

True. That annoys me, but I get lots of penalty shots, so I don't have much to complain about.

I think players with a high wrist shot accuracy should have better shots though. Gaborik's wrist shot is rated highly, but he barely can snipe the puck.

True. That annoys me, but I get lots of penalty shots, so I don't have much to complain about.

I think players with a high wrist shot accuracy should have better shots though. Gaborik's wrist shot is rated highly, but he barely can snipe the puck.

I rarely ever score with wrist shots..its pretty sad.I miss the days when certain star players had signature moves in the game.

I rarely ever score with wrist shots..its pretty sad.I miss the days when certain star players had signature moves in the game.

Most of my goals are snipes after a bunch of dekes, in deep stuff ins, or slap shots from the point. You can get off a clean wrister most of the time.

Most of my goals are snipes after a bunch of dekes, in deep stuff ins, or slap shots from the point. You can get off a clean wrister most of the time.

I suck at deking also no matter how many times I try..1 out of 230 times I pull off a slick move.My goals are mainly slap shots and one times from right in front.

lol, it's always the same. Why does it take a phone call by my aunt to inform me about the date of my granpas funeral, when I am living with my parents?:confused: She isn't even living in the same city and actually called from spain where she is on holiday. :rofl:

Nice example of "I thought you had already told him", "i thought you had." :D