• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Nah. Bumblefuck Brooklyn is East New York, Crown Heights, Bushwick, Cypress Hills, Canarsie, etc.

Greenpoint is one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in the borough. It's far, far from Bumblefuck.

It takes me 15 minutes on an L train to get to Manhattan. How long does it take you on any of your lines? I'm willing to be it's much, much longer.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I drive. But I know from m ex gf's house in downtown BK, I was 2 stops from Manhattan and I didn't have the criminal element on the train with me as I got there. Can't say the same about your train ride...

I don't know, I drive. But I know from m ex gf's house in downtown BK, I was 2 stops from Manhattan and I didn't have the criminal element on the train with me as I got there. Can't say the same about your train ride...

When is the last time you actually rode an L train? You do realize it's one of the cleanest rides in NYC, right?

You also realize that the L is NO WHERE NEAR downtown Brooklyn, right?

You don't even take public transportation, but still felt the need to weigh in on a discussion by citing how bad you think it is by me? How would you know?

When is the last time you actually rode an L train? You do realize it's one of the cleanest rides in NYC, right?

You also realize that the L is NO WHERE NEAR downtown Brooklyn, right?

You don't even take public transportation, but still felt the need to weigh in on a discussion by citing how bad you think it is by me? How would you know?

I grew up living by PT, man. Why do you think I don't take it now? I thought you were by the G train, which should just be the "Ghetto" train. I had to ride that train several times and always felt like I was going to get shanked on it. I would always be the "lowly snowflake" in the dark abyss on that train, having people say shit to me and what not. It always sucked.

No, the G train is the "Ghost" train, because it never comes. I don't take the G. I take the L.

The "Ghetto" trains are the J, M, Z and A, C, E lines.

Fact is, I really don't think you have any idea where Greenpoint actually is. You were talking about downtown Brooklyn which the L runs no where near. Downtown BK is the N, Q, R, B, D, 2, 3, 4 and 5 trains, as well as the G.

Staten Island is bumblefuck, nyc.

Excuse you, Miss "I live in Philadelphia but continually feed my car 4 dead dinosaurs worth of gas a week to come to NYC", but being that you live in Philly you haven't really got much right to be calling ANY part of sane, modern civilization "bumblefuck"

Excuse you, Miss "I live in Philadelphia but continually feed my car 4 dead dinosaurs worth of gas a week to come to NYC", but being that you live in Philly you haven't really got much right to be calling ANY part of sane, modern civilization "bumblefuck"

Well I do live here, and I agree with her — Staten Island is a bitch and a half to get to. The only comparable would be the outskirts of Queens, IMO.

Well I do live here, and I agree with her ? Staten Island is a bitch and a half to get to. The only comparable would be the outskirts of Queens, IMO.

Bitch and a half because the BQE SUCKS. Plus the tolls, why the hell is it $13 to go from one borough to another in the same city...I think its retarded that they charge you for that, the RFK and the Throggsneck, etc but thats besides the point.

It's fucking 25 minutes from downtown Manhattan.

LOL, typical SI resident who gets all up in arms about people talking "negatively" about where they live. I said it's the bumblefuck of NYC...and it is. Calm down. Just because everyone thinks that SI shouldn't be part of NYC doesn't mean you need to go into attack mode whenever it's spoken about. At least where I live isn't a former garbage dump.....just sayinnnnn.

I used the word "bumblefuck" only to mean that it was far from me. I'm in bumblefuck in Phil's eyes. Every area has its own positives and negatives. For example, my kids could go outside and play without 80000 cars on my street but I can't go out at 1 am and get a good sandwich anywhere. My intent wasn't to offend anyone's habitat. With that said, Staten Island blows.

Bitch and a half because the BQE SUCKS. Plus the tolls, why the hell is it $13 to go from one borough to another in the same city...I think its retarded that they charge you for that, the RFK and the Throggsneck, etc but thats besides the point.

LOL, typical SI resident who gets all up in arms about people talking "negatively" about where they live. I said it's the bumblefuck of NYC...and it is. Calm down. Just because everyone thinks that SI shouldn't be part of NYC doesn't mean you need to go into attack mode whenever it's spoken about. At least where I live isn't a former garbage dump.....just sayinnnnn.

Well here's one wedding I don't have to worry about attending. Sweeeeeeet.

I used the word "bumblefuck" only to mean that it was far from me. I'm in bumblefuck in Phil's eyes. Every area has its own positives and negatives. For example, my kids could go outside and play without 80000 cars on my street but I can't go out at 1 am and get a good sandwich anywhere. My intent wasn't to offend anyone's habitat. With that said, Staten Island blows.

LOL...I said it for the same reason, it's relatively WAY out there when compared to the rest of the boroughs. SI residents just get all moody when you talk about where they live. I wonder whyyyyyyyyy.

Oh wait...

With that said, Staten Island blows.

Dating Outside Your Borough: 94% of New York singles are willing to date outside of their borough. But of course, New Yorkers still have some have boundaries: 71% of them are willing to travel for love if that certain someone requires less than a 40-minute commute. Despite our love for Staten Islanders like Rick Schroder and Christina Aguilera, only 8% of respondents living in Manhattan say they are willing to date someone who lives in Staten Island. The most desirable boroughs singles chose to date from were Brooklyn and Manhattan.

That says it all, doesn't it.

It's fucking 25 minutes from downtown Manhattan.

Yeah, from downtown Manhattan. It's like a good 40-60 minutes from EVERYWHERE ELSE. Who the hell goes to the financial district for anything other than a 9-5 job, hookers or drugs?

In fact, from anywhere OUTSIDE of downtown manhattan, I'm pretty sure it'd take an hour plus just to get there.

Yup. Just paid that nasty ass toll for Pete's wedding. $13 out, and another $12 coming in. Fuckin' Verrazano bridge...

LMAO. Burn.

Bumblefuck to me is places that are remote and for the most part inaccessible. You're where, north of Westchester area?

Yeah, from downtown Manhattan. It's like a good 40-60 minutes from EVERYWHERE ELSE. Who the hell goes to the financial district for anything other than a 9-5 job, hookers or drugs?

In fact, from anywhere OUTSIDE of downtown manhattan, I'm pretty sure it'd take an hour plus just to get there.

Yup. Just paid that nasty ass toll for Pete's wedding. $13 out, and another $12 coming in. Fuckin' Verrazano bridge...

LMAO. Burn.

Bumblefuck to me is places that are remote and for the most part inaccessible. You're where, north of Westchester area?

Same here. I was using it in jest. I'm 8 minutes from the GW.

Same here. I was using it in jest. I'm 8 minutes from the GW.

That's not very far from me at all, dude. I'm right off the first exit on the BQE. Whenever we head to Kristin's parents or up to Buffalo we head straight over the GW.

That's not very far from me at all, dude. I'm right off the first exit on the BQE. Whenever we head to Kristin's parents or up to Buffalo we head straight over the GW.

25 minutes to the Garden with no traffic. You drive right past my house, guaranteed. 17 to GSP to NY Thruway?