• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #1: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — All Hail Christopher James

We’ve had two breakaways and that chance and we haven’t scored. Schneider was unlucky but Mika/cuylle just low execution on their grade a chances. It’s gotta go in this time of year or you go home, plain and simple. That puck hit Trocheck but it was going wide

I'm not sure what anyone was expecting here. Florida has been a monster all year at 5 on 5. This isn't an effort thing on the Rangers' part. You think they can't get up for game 1 of the ECF? That's not how it works.

The Rangers have to generate powerplays. They just do, or they are going to lose.

Whether it’s rust or a lack of dislike (yet) I feel like we’ve got a B+ game from each team and both have higher levels.  With a close game I expect a better third especially from the Rangers and more intensity.

Not much energy on either side, pretty boring game, seems like another day in the office. There’s still time to turn it around, they only down just one goal. LGR, get it together for 20 minutes and you’re golden….

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

Gimpy fox

Someone tell the guy u dont get the willis reed, bloody sock treatment for playing injured...if u suck

Something is definitely wrong with him. He absolutely cannot do anything nifty with his skating. Zero shake and bake. That's his bread and butter and it hasn't been there since he took that cheap knee on knee hit in the Capitals series.

2 minutes ago, fletch said:

Whether it’s rust or a lack of dislike (yet) I feel like we’ve got a B+ game from each team and both have higher levels.  With a close game I expect a better third especially from the Rangers and more intensity.

This is the type of game the Panthers want to play. Panthers suffocating the Rangers from the blue line and into the neutral zone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This is shockingly lazy and bad for an ECF game at home. Doesn’t even feel like a regular season game, this is some pre season shit. 10 shots after almost two periods.

Start moving your feet, throw some hits and shoot the fucking puck.

Exactly my thoughts.  This is not so much about what Florida is doing as it is about what the Rangers are not doing.  There is no hitting, no forecheck, no energy, no pushback and nothing that looks like a team that’s 8 wins away from a Stanley Cup should be doing.  

Florida is a good team but the Rangers better show something in this third period that’s better than what they’ve shown so far.  Thankfully it only takes 2 shots to win this game right now!

Posted (edited)

On my way to the shitter, I'll go with Mess and his summary of they've been severely outplayed yet only one shot away. 

Steal the next 20 and all will be well. Sleep through it and not so much.

Edited by Scott

Clean up the transition game, too many neutral zone fumbles and dopey passes by the d men. Carry the puck more if needed but stop with the bad passes when not even pressured.