• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

No Easy Victories - 1994

Just now, siddious said:

We should just go to a 1-16 playoff format 

I'm honestly for the change, especially after playing the Capitals for the 20th time in the playoffs and Carolina again. Even if a team like Detroit got it and posed more of a challenge for us than Washington, at least it would have been a new opponent. lol

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm honestly for the change, especially after playing the Capitals for the 20th time in the playoffs and Carolina again. Even if a team like Detroit got it and posed more of a challenge for us than Washington, at least it would have been a new opponent. lol

Funny enough even if that was the change I still think we would have played Washington.

Just now, siddious said:

Funny enough even if that was the change I still think we would have played Washington.

Just can't escape those guys. lol Well, we have won the last four meetings with them in the postseason, so that's not bad.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Just can't escape those guys. lol Well, we have won the last four meetings with them in the postseason, so that's not bad.

4 hours ago, siddious said:

yes, this playoff format is stupid. There are even amount of teams in each conference, no need for wild card BS

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

yes, this playoff format is stupid. There are even amount of teams in each conference, no need for wild card BS

If the NHL ever changes their playoff format, they'll probably add more Wild Cards. lol

10 hours ago, siddious said:

We should just go to a 1-16 playoff format 

League will never do that.  Too much travel involved with that format.

5 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

There are even amount of teams in each conference, no need for wild card BS

EXACTLY!  Just drop the wild cards and do it 1-4 in each division since they love their brackets.  I'd prefer if they went back to 1-8 and reseeded though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 1:09 PM, Albatrosss said:

A wildcard system does a better job of keeping bad teams from making the playoffs.  However that hasn't been an issue in the last 2 seasons.  Top 4 teams in each division both seasons.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Mark Messier and Adam Graves or Mika Zibanejad and Chris Kreider?

There's a solid reason that we looked like tourists in the ECF.

Hockey is a team sport and as much as Messier is over Zibanejad.  Graves vs Kreider is close.  Kovalev vs Chytil is joke.  2nd line goes to this years team.  3rd line 94 blows this years version.  4th line is a wash.  Big difference is on D.  One legged Fox is no comparison to conn smyth Leetch.  Beukeboom over Lindgren.  Lowe and Zubov blows away Miller and Schneider.  Wells and Lidster greater than on half of goals let up Trouba and Gus.  Richter vs Shesty is debatable.  

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Hockey is a team sport and as much as Messier is over Zibanejad.  Graves vs Kreider is close.  Kovalev vs Chytil is joke.  2nd line goes to this years team.  3rd line 94 blows this years version.  4th line is a wash.  Big difference is on D.  One legged Fox is no comparison to conn smyth Leetch.  Beukeboom over Lindgren.  Lowe and Zubov blows away Miller and Schneider.  Wells and Lidster greater than on half of goals let up Trouba and Gus.  Richter vs Shesty is debatable.  

Let's not forget the third line grinder scoring a lucky goal on a wraparound. 

It's almost like winning the Stanley Cup is really hard, and a handful of very good teams don't win it, every year. 

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let's not forget the third line grinder scoring a lucky goal on a wraparound. 

It's almost like winning the Stanley Cup is really hard, and a handful of very good teams don't win it, every year. 

That's why I said 3rd line 94 blows away this year's 3rd line away.  We didn't get anything out of the 3rd line except for the 1 OT goal by Wennberg this year.

I'm not going to view this, at least not now.  I've had 30 years to revel in that magical run and see documentaries on it.  At one point they were offering a box set of DVDs with every game in the the 1994 playoffs.  My friend bought it and we watched a number of them.  Enough already.  At some point watching this stuff just underscores that we haven't won since and how long it has been.  I completely understand how others may feel differently.

Maybe I'll just skip to the part where Adam Graves is sitting in the stands in street clothes and says "...and the best part about it is that we never have to hear '1940' ever again."  I can watch that forever.