• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #5: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Hurrican't

Time for a Netflix movie.  Not sure what happened to the Rangers but what a fucking turn around.  Good teams don't collapse like this.  Out of position, bad passes, not shooting, totally off balance all night long.

Adversity is the name of the NHL playoffs. I'm cool with facing some before the ECF. This team is not losing this series. Cmon fellas. I'm dejected too but we got this.

• Believe 6

The first ten minutes of the third, with a chance to close out the Canes, was terrible.  The key for me is how the locker room handles it.  Does a player step up and say we have to be better?  Or is it all good and we’ll just roll out for game 6, it’s fine?

• Cheers 1

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Panarin better come out for game 6 with a bald fucking head again.  And I hope he shaves Mika's stupid mop too.

I'm actually surprised he let it grow back. I thought he'd keep it bald all season.

Fuck me, all that elation after the Game 3 win. Only to come out flat in Game 4, which you write off as the Rangers bounced back well to tie it, only to lose on a timely PP.

Then everyone expected a strong clinical performance tonight to close this shit out...and we get this epically flat lifeless performance? Unreal, not the team we've watched all season.

If they don't turn things around on Thursday, this is going to turn into a spectacular reverse sweep. And folks, that memory is one which will last a lifetime. 

A 21 year old rookie has nothing to do with this game. It’s a core of veterans who got cocky and blew it. They got outworked first and outplayed second. Only place to look is squarely at Mika, kreider, bread, etc. lazy and inexcusable. They better be mad Thursday 

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Fox has to be injured. He’s slow, nothing doing on the PP. 

Fox needs to stop being so damn methodical. It won’t work against teams that pressure like this.

Want to do it in January against a team that is the 23rd Rank in the NHL against the PP? Ok cool. It won’t work now. And it isn’t. He needs to be decisive.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Not that it would have mattered, but, Staal should not have been able to score that goal.  If Miller had any balls in that sack of his he would have fucking leveled Staal as he cut across the slot on Schneider.  

It was there across the line Games 1-3. Game 4 a slide happened and tonight was just a disaster.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Do we blame the coach or Panarin for that backcheck effort? Just need to adjust my compass of blame correctly

Set it to all, staff included, minus Igor.

This is the first stinker they've turned in in 20 games. 

They need to dig deep. But I'm not going to act like they have to crawl out of a hole when they have two more opportunities to move on. 

They have always battled back in the face of adversity.

• Like 1
  • Believe 4

Laviolette has had an excellent season and playoffs...up until this game right here.

If he can make an effective adjustment and light a fire under this teams ass, he's the guy no doubt.

I'm down for some crazy shit. Zac Jones for Trouba. Even f'n Quick for a game.

But something real has gotta be done for game 6.

If we revert back to GG and DQ ineffectiveness for the rest of this series. We fucked, and gonna have to make a serious change or two in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Do we blame the coach or Panarin for that backcheck effort? Just need to adjust my compass of blame correctly

I just blame you. Seems to fit accordingly most times. 

Do I need to paste some type of emoji so you don't get offended at my joke?