• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #4: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Rent Free & Cry Hard

Well, that’s had not been the Rangers best game across the board. It’s not the end of the world, they are still up 3 - 1 in the series. They will finish this series in game five on Monday. Look at the bright side, we’ll see another game before the ECF. Good night everyone….

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Fuck these fuckin hacking chucking cunt bags right in their fucking starfish, no spit, no lube, sandpaper finish. 

Ram it right up their hoops like Laffy did to me and Panarin did to @BrooksBurner and @BrooksBurnerdid to @Albatrosss and @Br4d did to @BrooksBurner and Zibenajad did to @Phil.

Ramming hoops all fucking night baby, let's goooooooo!

I’m off the train. Panarin is soft dog shit again 🤪

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, delneggs said:

No worries, Lavi sits Brodzinski and dresses Wheeler for game 5.  In the bag.  

It wouldn't surprise me. Apparently he's never heard the old adage that you don't try to fix something that ain't broke

• Applause 1

Sucks, but can’t win every game. It would’ve been a disaster for Carolina to lose this and they just barely won on a gifted PP at the end.

I’m not worried. This was all they had and they almost choked it again. We hit numerous posts and Igor was not as good as he usually is.

Just need to play 60 minutes on monday and this should be over.

• Believe 1

Posted (edited)

Igor needs a rest: vs the Canes 3.00 GA and 40 shots per game avg.

Quick is here for reason and will close out game 5 as he is a big game goalie.

Canes figured out: No penalties, Igor drops early so shoot high and 5V5 they out score the Rangers.

And for the love of god in game 5, NO Brodzinki, NO Wheeler (to slow and a liability) play Rempe or this series is going 7 Games!

Part of tonight's loss was also caused by: Panarin, Kreider, Zib and Trocheck combined 1 point

Edited by Blueshirts1926
  • Like 1

Brindamore doesn't have a contract yet with the Canes.  If they lose Monday I'm not sure he will be the Canes coach next year.  That said, we have the better team from top to bottom, on reserve, and in goal.   Rangers could have won tonight.  Great opportunities even in the 1st period. The difference was the law of averages.  Rangers can't win every game, Igor can't stop every shot (132 shots in 3 games), Canes will eventually score on a PP, and the Rangers can't keep starting games from behind and expect to win them all.  And at some point the Canes were going to play with some sense of desperation that exceeded the Rangers - tonight was that point and they still almost blew it.  We win Monday because the deamons from last year are still haunting this team.

23 minutes ago, siddious said:

The positive: we didn’t have to listen to Mike millbury tonight. 

is he still alive?????  I need to google that...

Posted (edited)

Imma go back and check who here picked the rangers in four going into the series I believe the was a single one. Disappointing tonight for sure but overall they would have to shit the entire bed twice to not take this series. At the same time this series has been pretty evenly played with two games having gone to OT and this one coming down to less than 4 mins tied.  It was only a matter of time before they started catching in on PP chances.

Regroup and be way better Monday. Imo 0.0 chance Quick does anything but operate the door and rightly so. Igor has carried them this far. Now is not the time to panic. 

Edited by Scott