• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #3: Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — Cry Hard With a Vengeance

Pressure is entirely on CAR. Has their fanbase admitted to a "must win" scenario tonight? I don't really care what they think though. Our group is solid. We keep repeating it again and a gain, 'workmanlike' approach to every game. BELIEVE

Believe Episode 1 GIF by The X-Files

Yes I do!!

• Believe 2

53 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Disagree on testing him.  If he gets hit in game he gets hit in game.  Any hit could retire him so hitting him in practice would be just insane.

disagree.  any hit during a game could retire him and that could be demoralizing to his teammates. 

30 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

Backup goalie plus Rangers equals Vezina finalist. 

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

A backup goalie feels like the only thing capable of stopping this NYR team right now.

Please don’t let this happen again. Crash the net, score early and make him uncomfortable from the first minute.

It’s time for the 3rd line to step up on the score sheet. I’m feeling a Cuylle goal tonight.

Huh, a "backup" that played in 42 games this year? lol Rangers will be fine. Kochetkov is a capable starter/1A goalie, Andersen was on a decent run lately but Canes probably just want to try something different to spark the team.

3 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

seriously i was getting pissed when they kept bringing it up when Carolina had 3. 

ESPN is the worst, and McDonagh is a terrible announcer. he thinks he needs to be the color commentator and play by play so when any action is happening he's on a tangent about some other bullshit and there's no exciting calls

ESPN gets grief about Leah Hextall but I think McDonagh is a bigger problem

ESPN HARDLY even covers hockey. They spend most of their time talking every other sport 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

There’s plenty of pictures online. Here’s one

spacer.png

Where's the one after you got beat up at the bus stop?

Edited by Pete

13 minutes ago, Ducky said:

ESPN HARDLY even covers hockey. They spend most of their time talking every other sport 

They spend most their time speaking politics. It's why no one watches

• Bullseye 1

30 minutes ago, Karan said:

Huh, a "backup" that played in 42 games this year? lol Rangers will be fine. Kochetkov is a capable starter/1A goalie, Andersen was on a decent run lately but Canes probably just want to try something different to spark the team.

Isn’t that because Andersen was injured at the start of the season?

Kochetkov has 3 games in the A this season and hasn’t played a game in over a month. For me that’s a backup.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Rod the bod sounds a little desperate looking to catch lightning in a bottle with the goalie switch

Hope we humiliate him tonight. Then where will the guy who looks like he got beat in the face with a shovel gonna turn?

Edited by Dem
  • Believe 1

3 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:
Rk Date G Age Tm   Opp   DEC GA SA SV SV% SO PIM TOI
1 2022-05-04 1 22-313 CAR   BOS W W 2 32 30 .938 0 2 52:05
2 2022-05-06 2 22-315 CAR @ BOS L L 4 28 24 .857 0 0 56:49
3 2022-05-28 3 22-337 CAR @ NYR L   2 12 10 .833 0 0 36:36
4 2022-05-30 4 22-339 CAR   NYR L L 3 12 9 .750 0 0 24:04
5 2023-05-07 5 23-316 CAR @ NJD L L 4 22 18 .818 0 0 39:

Pytor's playoff game log.

doesn't phase me one bit

This is not the Zamboni driver. Right?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Rod the bod sounds a little desperate looking to catch lightning in a bottle with the goalie switch

I think he's just trying to spark the team, get a different look. Teams play a little different in front of different goaltenders. 

3 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I think he's just trying to spark the team, get a different look. Teams play a little different in front of different goaltenders. 

I agree with this and he’s 1-1 against the Rangers this year, 2 GA on 53 shots

• Keeps it 100 1

52 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

We got Kenny Albert doing the game tonight with Brian Boucher and Jody Shelley

Refs for tonight is Chris Rooney and Graham Skilliter

I’m hyped! Inbred Kenny is the best. 

• LMFAO 2

3 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

disagree.  any hit during a game could retire him and that could be demoralizing to his teammates. 

The point is that *any* hit could be the one.

You can't UBI-proof Chytil at this point.  We're past that stage.

In that circumstance if you want him on the ice you probably want to just put him on the ice.  Could be 1st hit or 7th hit or 2000th in 16 years that does him.

You're only saving a couple of hits by testing him out first and the booby prize is he could die in practice.

6 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Survive the initial push (which I expect to be fierce) then silence the crowd with a goal.

The team and their fan base are all phonies.  Let them whine all day long about the Rangers diving and how the refs are in cahoots with the NHL to ensure that NY wins.  All the while conveniently failing to notice their team has had ten power plays through the first two games and we have had just nine.  Some tilt on the playing field right there.

This was the year that they were supposed reach the finals or even win it all.  The sexy darlings of the analysts and the Vegas oddsmakers.... Well if they get bounced early again this year I think someone needs to ask some serious questions about why their regular season dominance seems to translate into post-season failures every year.  At some point the patterns becomes undeniable.

I think the new Utah franchise will be looking for a head coach to set a tone with that franchise and I expect that Rod the Bod might be at the top of their grocery list.

Time to "Igor!, Igor!" them out of their own building

How can you silence a crowd with a goal when the crowd is going to be half Ranger fans? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

How can you silence a crowd with a goal when the crowd is going to be half Ranger fans? 

I’ve been to many Rangers/Canes regular season games down here and yeah it’s always been like that. I went to game 5 2 years ago expecting about the same and it wasn’t like that. Canes fans seemed to hold onto their tickets pretty good, and it was the loudest event I can ever recall attending. Ear splitting

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’ve been to many Rangers/Canes regular season games down here and yeah it’s always been like that. I went to game 5 2 years ago expecting about the same and it wasn’t like that. Canes fans seemed to hold onto their tickets pretty good, and it was the loudest event I can ever recall attending. Ear splitting

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • LMFAO 1