• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

2-1 w/ Rempe and 2-1 w/o Rempe that series. There’s no magic elixir here. I hope the best player who can contribute offensively gets played because that’s what they will need. If not Chytil, I want Wheeler next. With the amount of drive he has to have to get back in there as an option after that injury, I suspect that man has something to give. It’s gotta be killing him to be on the sidelines, but his energetic cheerleading has been admirable. I don’t see why he can’t be asked to play 4th line. He’s a defensively responsible player and provides slide-up depth in game.

Best case is Chytil and Wheeler both back.

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Wheeler

Vesey takes a seat.

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

2-1 w/ Rempe and 2-1 w/o Rempe that series. There’s no magic elixir here. I hope the best player who can contribute offensively gets played because that’s what they will need. If not Chytil, I want Wheeler next. With the amount of drive he has to have to get back in there as an option after that injury, I suspect that man has something to give. It’s gotta be killing him to be on the sidelines, but his energetic cheerleading has been admirable. I don’t see why he can’t be asked to play 4th line. He’s a defensively responsible player and provides slide-up depth in game.

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Wheeler

Vesey takes a seat.

Would have been 4-0 if laviolette didn’t mix with the magic by taking him out.

i rest my case. 

• Applause 2

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Wheeler

Vesey takes a seat.

Just imagine if a healthy Chytil and an improved skating Rempe playing full time all season next year. Holy shit look out NHL!!!!
RANGERS BE KICKIN MUCH ASS!!!

LGR!! 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Wheeler

Vesey takes a seat.

But who’s going to knock Tkatchuk into next week?

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think Rempe probably has to play no matter who they play next. I'm kind of worried about Chytil, that it's a concussion thing again and they're being quiet about it. Hopefully not.

I was thinking that too, Sharpy....but I think if Chytil had any symptoms of post concussion syndrome, I don't think they'd even let him skate with the extras.  Something's up, no doubt...but I'm not sure what.

I'm hoping he can play.  But I also defer to Lavvy at this point.  I think we learned once and for all last night that any fucking thing is possible with this team!  LOL

26 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

But who’s going to knock Tkatchuk into next week?

I know you’re being sarcastic, but…pretending it’s not, the answer is nobody. Tkachuk is going to play his game and nobody can stop that. I don’t even think Rempe would ever be on the ice at the same time as Tkachuk.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Wheeler

Vesey takes a seat.

There's absolutely zero chance of Vesey sitting, and rightfully so. Wennberg, however...

• Keeps it 100 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

There's absolutely zero chance of Vesey sitting, and rightfully so. Wennberg, however...

Dude....Wennberg has been terrible. Non contributing, coughing up pucks. I'm not a fan.

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If Chytil can't play I think they are playing Wheeler.  No reason to take Wheeler off of LTIR unless there's a plan to play him.

There's no LTIR in the playoffs.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Tomato tomahto. Vesey is not unbenchable. He doesn’t PK enough.

Edited by BrooksBurner

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Wheeler (leg) was activated from long-term injured reserve Thursday, Mollie Walker of the New York Post reports.

Where's the link to Walker's actual words? Because LTIR is a cap-related function and there's no cap in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Tomato tomahto. Vesey is not unbenchable. He doesn’t PK enough.

He's got the most attention to detail on the team, he plays the right way, and there's nothing he's done to make anyone believe he should sit.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

He's got the most attention to detail on the team, he plays the right way, and there's nothing he's done to make anyone believe he should sit.

I don’t really agree with that first part, but I agree it’s unlikely to happen. I don’t dislike him at all but I am sticking to it that they need more offense out of their bottom 6 to beat 2 of the Panthers/Canucks/Oilers/Avs/Stars, and Vesey hasn’t contributed much there.

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think Rempe probably has to play no matter who they play next. I'm kind of worried about Chytil, that it's a concussion thing again and they're being quiet about it. Hopefully not.

Chytil wouldnt be on the ice practicing if it was a concussion.

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The day he got sick was probably the beginning of the flu for the team.

I do think they should dress him.

But that's just my opinion and I can easily see the other side. They need goals, not sure he really helps with that. 

Despite what ESPN would have you believe, this game came down to Igor making two mistakes he probably will never make again, a bad bounce off Laffy stick, and a goalpost by Schneider.

The margin for error is razor thin. You just can't afford to make mistakes, and Rempe doesn't play mistake-free hockey. 

I would dress him.

But I don't know that the results would be any different if he played in game one. 

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

I do think they should dress him.

But that's just my opinion and I can easily see the other side. They need goals, not sure he really helps with that. 

Despite what ESPN would have you believe, this game came down to Igor making two mistakes he probably will never make again, a bad bounce off Laffy stick, and a goalpost by Schneider.

The margin for error is razor thin. You just can't afford to make mistakes, and Rempe doesn't play mistake-free hockey. 

I would dress him.

But I don't know that the results would be any different if he played in game one. 

It almost certainly wouldn’t imo. When the top 6 is unable to play their game because of FLA’s relentless forecheck it’s extremely unlikely he makes a difference.

You probably do dress him for game 2 though, even if I’m highly doubtful it changes anything.