• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

26 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

if we lose tonight's game the blame will be put solely on Lavi's shoulders for not dressing Rempe over Brodz

What if they win?

I love Rempe, but I don't think it matters. Brodz fit right back in and that line had a dangerous night. Plus, he can be moved around if needed.

They're gonna come at us full march and you need people who can eat minutes to avoid burning energy from the top 6.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

if we lose tonight's game the blame will be put solely on Lavi's shoulders for not dressing Rempe over Brodz

If we lose tonight's game the 'Canes will have all the momentum in the series.

24 minutes ago, Br4d said:

If we lose tonight's game the 'Canes will have all the momentum in the series.

What you're saying is: if the Canes win tonight, they'll have won the most recent game we played. This can be applied at any time the opposition wins.

3 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

What you're saying is: if the Canes win tonight, they'll have won the most recent game we played. This can be applied at any time the opposition wins.

No, I'm saying they will have won the *two* most recent games played, at home and on the road.

20-2-1.

Spitting into the wind usually winds up with spit all over your face.

Now you can say that the 20-2-1 is a random lucky artifact of an otherwise great team.  The problem is 8-9 is on the other side of the equation.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

No, I'm saying they will have won the *two* most recent games played, at home and on the road.

20-2-1.

Now you can say that the 20-2-1 is a random lucky artifact of an otherwise great team.  The problem is 8-9 is on the other side of the equation.

So we're just not going to count All the games they won before Rempe showed up?

Or the 11-2 record when Chytil plays?

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

So we're just not going to count All the games they won before Rempe showed up?

Or the 11-2 record when Chytil plays?

They're 28-11-1 since Rempe showed up.

20-2-1 when he is on the bench and 8-9 when he is not.

Look, I get that we all want this to be just fine without Rempe but honestly I think the 'Canes would be looking to wrap this series up right now if Brodzinski had been in the lineup game 1 and 2 instead of Rempe.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Br4d said:

20-2-1.

If we were 2-2 and they won a game, you could say they have the momentum. It's meaningless.

Didn't we have all the momentum when up 3-0? How could they win? We had the momentum.

Edited by torontonyr

25 minutes ago, Br4d said:

20-2-1.

They were on a 6 game win streak when Rempe made his debut.   The team was playing well and doing fine without him.

47 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Look, I get that we all want this to be just fine without Rempe but honestly I think the 'Canes would be looking to wrap this series up right now if Brodzinski had been in the lineup game 1 and 2 instead of Rempe.

What was their record with Rempe before the trade deadline?

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

What was their record with Rempe before the trade deadline?

They're playing the second best team in the NHL right now.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Why are you ignoring everything that happens before Rempe showed up?

Well if you think it then it must be true. 

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

They're playing the second best team in the NHL right now.

Good point. 

A lot of the games they played down the stretch were against teams that stunk, hence the record. 

So because they're playing the second best team in the NHL, maybe we should let the guy who's coaching the best team in the NHL make the decisions? And he's saying they can win hockey games without Rempe. Because they can. And they will. 

This is and always has been the right decision to play Rempe at home against this team. He fires up the crowd which matters a lot and it takes only one hit to do it 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

What is your point?

My point is they need every edge they can get and Brodzinski provides no meaningful edge at a high level of competition.

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Awesome, the game will be much more entertaining now. 

I trust whatever decision Laviolette makes on this. 

Or it won't be, or they'll get smoked, or they'll win 10-0. 🤷 

• VINNY! 1