• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes — Round Two General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

1 minute ago, Pete said:

There are points in the game where momentum will shift and the crowd will be at a lull. This happens everywhere. I don't understand why you're trying to knock the crowd, but whatever. 

This the second round of the playoff and the Rangers can eliminate the 'Canes tonight. That in itself should be enough to get into it. If not, oh well...

23 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Already covered this in the GDT, but Trouba was on for 3 ES goals in G4 because Goodrow's awful turnover and the Panarin line decided not to play any defense that game. The Panarin line being on ice for a boatload of goals against is not anything new - they just usually offset it offensively + some. If anything, my suspicion would be that Rod got some favorable matchups against that line with last change. The Trouba tweet floating around is just coincidental and lacks context. Again, Trouba deserved to get blasted for a few game 2 mistakes, and in general because he's failed to live up to anything close to his contract, but this is blaming a guy who everyone wants to blame rather than someone who is deserving of the blame for a loss.

This is where the stat line is not telling the whole story.

he also had like 9 blocks the other game or something ridiculous like that.

with that said… you can’t deny he’s made numerous bone-headed plays all playoff long. 

it’s par for the course with him. He sucks vs quick opponents. 

46 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Already covered this in the GDT, but Trouba was on for 3 ES goals in G4 because Goodrow's awful turnover and the Panarin line decided not to play any defense that game. The Panarin line being on ice for a boatload of goals against is not anything new - they just usually offset it offensively + some. If anything, my suspicion would be that Rod got some favorable matchups against that line with last change. The Trouba tweet floating around is just coincidental and lacks context. Again, Trouba deserved to get blasted for a few game 2 mistakes, and in general because he's failed to live up to anything close to his contract, but this is blaming a guy who everyone wants to blame rather than someone who is deserving of the blame for a loss.

21 minutes ago, siddious said:

This is where the stat line is not telling the whole story.

he also had like 9 blocks the other game or something ridiculous like that.

with that said… you can’t deny he’s made numerous bone-headed plays all playoff long. 

it’s par for the course with him. He sucks vs quick opponents. 

I don't think we can buy that it's purely coincidence.... The perfect Storm of turnovers only happening when he's on the ice? 

Sure, I'm sure some of it is due to poor team defensive play, goals are really one person's fault, but that many goals? 

It's also corroborated by the eyeball test and the fact that his partner also sucks. 

Is it solely on Trouba? Maybe, maybe not. But his play has gone steadily downhill which is the reason he was moved to the third pair to begin with. 

My guess is, he's still feeling the effects of whatever injury he had. Even his timing on hits has been poor, even for him. 

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't think we can buy that it's purely coincidence.... The perfect Storm of turnovers only happening when he's on the ice? 

Sure, I'm sure some of it is due to poor team defensive play, goals are really one person's fault, but that many goals? 

It's also corroborated by the eyeball test and the fact that his partner also sucks. 

Is it solely on Trouba? Maybe, maybe not. But his play has gone steadily downhill which is the reason he was moved to the third pair to begin with. 

My guess is, he's still feeling the effects of whatever injury he had. Even his timing on hits has been poor, even for him. 

You believe the team's record with Rempe in the lineup is basically just coincidence too, so why not?

• LMFAO 1

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

In more groundbreaking news; my cat has an extra toe.

If Wheeler draws into this lineup, I'll be at a loss for words. The team is rip-roaring; don't mess with success.

35 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You believe the team's record with Rempe in the lineup is basically just coincidence too, so why not?

I'd like to think you're smarter than this. Maybe you're not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

I think Wheeler is too slow of an add to the lineup against any team left.

That’s excellent about Chytil. I think Lavi will be hesitant to mess with the 3rd line again after the game they just had though. I think he sits and Rempe goes back in on the 4th line for this one.

Just now, Pete said:

I'd like to think you're smarter than this. Maybe you're not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

Good thing it doesn't take a rocket scientist to pick up on hypocritical horseshit then.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Good thing it doesn't take a rocket scientist to pick up on hypocritical horseshit then.

You have this remarkable ability to try to compare things that aren't comparable. 

Apples and oranges are both fruit, but that doesn't make them the same. 

So yeah, you're the expert on horseshit because of how much of it you spew. 

So you can turn around and say Trouba stat is coincidence but Rempe isn't?

Talk about a fucking hypocrite. 

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Pete said:

You have this remarkable ability to try to compare things that aren't comparable. 

Apples and oranges are both fruit, but that doesn't make them the same. 

So yeah, you're the expert on horseshit because of how much of it you spew. 

The only difference between calling either a coincidence is you have always hated Trouba, and you don't have a love fetish for Rempe like some others.

The funny thing is you can look at the replays of the goals last game to gather some necessary context on that Trouba stat to lean towards it being a coincidence, while Rempe is harder to have a concrete opinion on. You are pushing a double standard and got instantly butthurt because I asked about it, so you instantly resorted to ad hom and now a dumb analogy that doesn't apply. Get a grip. It wasn't that serious.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The only difference between calling either a coincidence is you have always hated Trouba, and you don't have a love fetish for Rempe like some others.

The funny thing is you can look at the replays of the goals last game to gather some necessary context on that Trouba stat to lean towards it being a coincidence, while Rempe is harder to have a concrete opinion on. You are pushing a double standard and got instantly butthurt because I asked about it, so you instantly resorted to ad hom and now a dumb analogy that doesn't apply. Get a grip. It wasn't that serious.

You can't come out throwing around words like horseshit at expect people not to get offended, especially someone who's similarly thin-skinned. Again more hypocrisy. 

It's not a double standard because it's incredibly hard to prove why Rempe record is what it is. Even the people who are pointing at it are admitting that they don't understand it, so what are we going to start trusting mojo? What kind of ridiculousness is that to run a team? The lineup is better with Chytil hard stop. Especially versus Carolina, not so much with Florida. 

You want to call the last handful of goals being scored when one player is on the ice a coincidence... When that player has been brutal statistically for a long time and actually got dropped down the lineup for it. Sure, that's a coincidence... So you'll point the finger at players that you've always hated like Panarin. 

I'm ready to admit that goals are never one player's fault, but a coincidence that they're all going in on one player? That's a pretty tough sell. 

Edited by Pete

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You can't come out throwing around words like horseshit at expect people not to get offended, especially someone who's similarly thin-skinned. Again more hypocrisy. 

It's not a double standard because it's incredibly hard to prove why Rempe record is what it is. Even the people who are pointing at it are admitting that they don't understand it, so what are we going to start trusting mojo? What kind of ridiculousness is that to run a team? The lineup is better with Chytil hard stop. Especially versus Carolina, not so much with Florida. 

You want to call the last handful of goals being scored when one player is on the ice a coincidence... When that player has been brutal statistically for a long time and actually got dropped down the lineup for it. Sure, that's a coincidence... So you'll point the finger at players that you've always hated like Panarin. 

I'm ready to admit that goals are never one player's fault, but a coincidence that they're all going in on one player? That's a pretty tough sell. 

Stopped reading here until you acknowledge your first amazingly thin-skinned response. If you don't like it, be better.

Edited by BrooksBurner

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Stopped reading here until you acknowledge your first amazingly thin-skinned response. If you don't like it, be better.

Of course you stopped reading because the rest of the post literally blows up your entire point, but sure. 

Maybe if you bother to actually read you would have seen the word "similarly thin skinned". 

Just say no to both Wheeler and Chytil. No idea how you can miss six months then instantly be inserted in to NHL playoff hockey. It's just really not possible. Both basically need full training camp ramp-ups.

There's an AHL team for a reason, both should be there if they're healthy enough to play.

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Just say no to both Wheeler and Chytil. No idea how you can miss six months then instantly be inserted in to NHL playoff hockey. It's just really not possible. Both basically need full training camp ramp-ups.

There's an AHL team for a reason, both should be there if they're healthy enough to play.

One could argue Chytil has been practicing long enough and he looked really good in his playoff debut. 

Wheeler...nah. That ship has sailed. 

To be honest I could see Wheeler playing next series if we get there. He's a big and heavy player who has well above average skill for his size but he's exposed against fast teams. Neither florida nor boston are fast.

Knock on wood we've also been very healthy so far. All this depth is great to have.  

7 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Whoever wins tonight will win the series. Obviously the Rangers would end it, but if the Canes win I think its over for us. They are going to dial in and we wont have answers.

No way the Canes rattle four off in a row. No way. We could have won last game if not for some poor luck; too many posts, close almost goals. We are rolling. Couldn't expect to win out in the post season. Idc if they drop tonight as well. They are laser focused and will not bungle this opportunity.

• Keeps it 100 1

19 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Whoever wins tonight will win the series. Obviously the Rangers would end it, but if the Canes win I think its over for us. They are going to dial in and we wont have answers.

I wouldn't say it's over, but I would say a game 7 is highly probable at that point and it would be a coin flip.

• Bullseye 1
  • Believe 1

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I wouldn't say it's over, but I would say a game 7 is highly probable at that point and it would be a coin flip.

Would be a major, major test of their mental strength.

Just fucking win.

• Believe 2

canes had there game.  this ends tonight.  i'd start rempe and wreck them along the boards where they seem comfortable shooting at igor.

j/k.  i think they just take care of business behind a pumped up n.y. crowd that smells blood.