• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes — Round Two General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

Cuylle yeah, but not Kakko

Fair. Kakko less so, but definitely Cuylle. Either way, having a center who takes the puck to the net and keeps it in the middle of ice like Chytil does is a good thing. I'm always going to be worried about his head, but with him playing like this, it's a massive boon for the team.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

How about the second PP unit?  Wennberg, Roslo, and Trouba?  Horrendous. 

The 2nd PP unit is terrible.

Probably should be Lafraniere, Chytil, Cuylle, Gus & Miller if Chytil is going to continue to play.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The 2nd PP unit is terrible.

Probably should be Lafraniere, Chytil, Cuylle, Gus & Miller if Chytil is going to continue to play.

I’d love to know what is Lavi’s logic behind it

I love Trocheck. His cele in Aho’s face when Laf scored was priceless. 

Everything about him is eminently lovable. He's such a prick, and he's our prick. Was saying to buddies last night, it's weird because it feels like he's been here forever.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 4
  • Keeps it 100 2

2 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I love Trocheck. His cele in Aho’s face when Laf scored was priceless. 

Trocheck is that player you love having on your team but hate him when he's against you.  Reminds me of Tikkanen.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Everything about him is eminently lovable. He's such a prick, and he's our prick. Was saying to buddies last night, it's weird because it feels like he's been here forever.

Was it in the group chat?

Step on their throats and be done with these losers.

As an aside, not sure Tony D will ever play in an NHL game after this series. He isn't a tough guy, he's dumber than a box of rocks. Whatever his political beliefs, he's a uncontrollable psycho who can't control his emotions. Even if you concede he has some offensive talent, he's a defensive lialibity who takes really stupid selfish penalties at the worst time.  Only can wear out your welcome in so many places until everyone decides you aren't worth the daily bullshit.   

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Step on their throats and be done with these losers.

As an aside, not sure Tony D will ever play in an NHL game after this series. He isn't a tough guy, he's dumber than a box of rocks. Whatever his political beliefs, he's a uncontrollable psycho who can't control his emotions. Even if you concede he has some offensive talent, he's a defensive lialibity who takes really stupid selfish penalties at the worst time.  Only can wear out your welcome in so many places until everyone decides you aren't worth the daily bullshit.   

He's definitely burnt the candle at both ends at this point.

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He's definitely burnt the candle at both ends at this point.

My father used to say the following about guys like Tony D; God ruined a perfect prick when he put ears on that one

Edited by Dem
  • LMFAO 1

3 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Trocheck is that player you love having on your team but hate him when he's against you.  Reminds me of Tikkanen.

Tikk but better offensively and less defensively but totally a Tiikk vibe

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, mbob said:

Tikk but better offensively and less defensively but totally a Tiikk vibe

Troch may be more effective as a shit talker as he speaks English. Tikkanen ony spoke Tikkanese. 

"He brings something special. I don't know what it is, but if you ask him, you couldn't understand his answer."

-Wayne Gretzky

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It'd be interesting to see for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing it in this run, but it'd be a great line to see out of the gate next year.

IDK what it is about Wennberg though. He's got very little going on offensively, but there's a lot of trust in him just making the right simple plays. He doesn't really panic with the puck in any zone. He knows when to settle it down when things might be getting hairy. He's a cool customer, and is probably a good anchor between Chytil and Kakko. I think I'd pass on moving any of the Rangers' centers around unless they need a jolt.

Wennberg had a possession last night where he basically steered around in a phone booth and kept the puck.  Lots of very small movements with the stick as he was doing it and a defensive player on each side of him.

It was very impressive until it turned into another non-scoring cycle.