• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sharks Fire David Quinn

9 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

That's outrageous to me. What was he expected to do there?

7 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

What did they not accomplish that a new coach will bring them?

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea that's some bullshit. 

I’m guessing there’s more to this than on ice performance because there’s no way you look at this roster and say it could have done better. 

Just now, siddious said:

I’m guessing there’s more to this than on ice performance because there’s no way you look at this roster and say it could have done better. 

Maybe there was some player feedback. But it's definitely a case where Scotty Bowman behind the bench wouldn't have made a difference. 

• Bullseye 1

That roster fucking stinks. That’s not Quinn’s fault. It’s a young, rebuilding team. Like others have said, unless this is something where maybe the exit interviews weren’t painting him in a good light, I don’t get this at all. And even still, it’s a bit meh.

My guess is he is going to have to end up as an assistant somewhere, because I’m not sure a head coaching job is in his immediate future. And re-work his way back into a HC position.

There's no way it has anything to do with the record. Probably bad exit interviews or they just observed that he's not a very good head coach. Me, personally, one of the worst I've seen. I think Gorton and JD partly lost their jobs because of this hire.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

There's no way it has anything to do with the record. Probably bad exit interviews or they just observed that he's not a very good head coach. Me, personally, one of the worst I've seen. I think Gorton and JD partly lost their jobs because of this hire.

It's mind-boggling to me how you can say he's one of the worst coaches you've ever seen and yet somehow try to absolve Gallant, who not only didn't change hardly anything from Quinn's lineup, and actually coached less. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's mind-boggling to me how you can say he's one of the worst coaches you've ever seen and yet somehow try to absolve Gallant, who not only didn't change hardly anything from Quinn's lineup, and actually coached less. 

What? How was I absolving Gallant? I said 'one of' the worst in regards to Quinn. Guess who else I would put on that list? 

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

What? How was I absolving Gallant? I said 'one of' the worst in regards to Quinn. Guess who else I would put on that list? 

I felt like you were one of the folks who would defend GG. My bad if I got that wrong. 🍻 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, siddious said:

Doesn't take too long to realize he's not an NHL head coach regardless of the roster he has. 

You heard he was the kind of guy that would be good for a team that is rebuilding, but I'm not even sure what exactly San Jose is doing right now. lol They kind of haven't really started rebuilding yet, or are in the super early stages of it. Getting the first overall will help.

Edited by Sharpshooter

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You heard he was the kind of guy that would be good for a team that is rebuilding, but I'm not even sure what exactly San Jose is doing right now. lol They kind of haven't really started rebuilding yet, or are in the super early stages of it. Getting the first overall will help.

thats what i understood too, that he was a rebuilding coach.  guess he sucked at it. Or he porked somebody's wife, and why wouldnt he?