• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#82) Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators — Clenched!

Someone just posted this ….. crazy shit!! 
scary but I believe all TRUE!! 

hank20nyr 10h

1994:

Rangers win presidents trophy

Win Stanley Cup.

Knicks Clinch Playoffs

June 17th, 1994

Rangers host stanley cup parade

Knicks play in finals

OJ simpson gets caught

2024: EXACTLY 30 YEARS LATER

OJ simpson dies

Rangers win Presidents trophy

Knicks Clinch playoffs

Stats & conspiracies by me

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Someone just posted this ….. crazy shit!! 
scary but I believe all TRUE!! 

hank20nyr 10h

1994:

Rangers win presidents trophy

Win Stanley Cup.

Knicks Clinch Playoffs

June 17th, 1994

Rangers host stanley cup parade

Knicks play in finals

OJ simpson gets caught

2024: EXACTLY 30 YEARS LATER

OJ simpson dies

Rangers win Presidents trophy

Knicks Clinch playoffs

Stats & conspiracies by me

toy story cup GIF

My question heading into the playoffs is not so much our goalie, defense, 5 on 5 production or the PP it’s the amount of muscle/enforcer players we have. The NHL playoffs is a war of attrition. Whoever the Rangers face they are certainly going to face opponents who will attempt to wear them down. Opposing teams will try during the playoff series to hit or take cheap shots at IGOR, FOXY, BREADMAN, MIKA etc. It’s going to happen. God knows I’ve seen it before with other hockey teams! We possibly could use extra reinforcement to quell that trouble. Trouba is solid. Cuyelle has proven his worth throwing his body around. Goodrow, Schneider are good too. All of these players are respectable when it comes to physicality. The Rangers will need more. Someone who can not only check, but alters the game by just his mere presence. Someone who can if need be (I personally hope it doesn’t come down to this but its happened many times in the playoffs over the last 50 plus years) settle those moments or keep them at bay if need be. The only player who can do that for the Rangers is Matt Rempe. Yes he’s 21, and inexperienced. The playoffs are a great opportunity for Rempe to showcase his impact.  Some argue its not the playoffs for when a player should gain his NHL experience and skill and that is definitely a valid point However,consider this the Rangers during these playoffs will probably need Rempe’s presence. Teams know when he’s on the bench Lavy has Rempe to quell things down if needed and more importantly to contribute. Rempe can fight anyone. I’m not saying he’s going to win every battle or go looking to goon it up during the playoffs. The Rangers can rely Rempe to be that “presence” out there during the playoffs. Rempe as I have stated before in past posts forces opponents to make adjustments, especially when he sets himself in front of the net. Yes I know he has to work on his skating and when and where to move around without the puck. But you have to admit Rempe stirs the shitstorm. He’s a distraction to our opponents. Now it seems every team wants to fight him! He clearly is impossible to knock down unless your behind him for a cheap shot (which happened last night). Heck he even lightened up on that check in the first period on the Ottawa senator! Imagine if Rempe didn’t let up and went full speed at that guy??? The guy would be in the hospital and a fight would have ensued. Rempe even walked away early on from a potential fight last night. He’s shown discipline and is clearly listening to Lavy. 
Heck first playoff game weather it be the caps, isles, or Pitt I would have Rempe out there in the first minutes with Mika, Breadman, Krieds, Trochek and make a statement with a thunderous check or hit (clean check mind you!) from him. Imagine if he’s on a line like that and it leads to an early first period goal??!! The Garden would erupt! You let the opponents know he’s here and you better fucking get used to him! 
i’ll wrap it up here. I’ve heard that the Rangers may not use Rempe. I think that could be a mistake. We might need him in the long run. If we’re gonna make a run to the cup it will be a pounding. There will be a lot of hitting. Rempe can lessen that by just his presence..…

Let’s go Rangers! 

On 4/16/2024 at 11:47 AM, RangersLEETCH said:

My question heading into the playoffs is not so much our goalie, defense, 5 on 5 production or the PP it’s the amount of muscle/enforcer players we have. The NHL playoffs is a war of attrition. Whoever the Rangers face they are certainly going to face opponents who will attempt to wear them down. Opposing teams will try during the playoff series to hit or take cheap shots at IGOR, FOXY, BREADMAN, MIKA etc. It’s going to happen. God knows I’ve seen it before with other hockey teams! We possibly could use extra reinforcement to quell that trouble. Trouba is solid. Cuyelle has proven his worth throwing his body around. Goodrow, Schneider are good too. All of these players are respectable when it comes to physicality. The Rangers will need more. Someone who can not only check, but alters the game by just his mere presence. Someone who can if need be (I personally hope it doesn’t come down to this but its happened many times in the playoffs over the last 50 plus years) settle those moments or keep them at bay if need be. The only player who can do that for the Rangers is Matt Rempe. Yes he’s 21, and inexperienced. The playoffs are a great opportunity for Rempe to showcase his impact.  Some argue its not the playoffs for when a player should gain his NHL experience and skill and that is definitely a valid point However,consider this the Rangers during these playoffs will probably need Rempe’s presence. Teams know when he’s on the bench Lavy has Rempe to quell things down if needed and more importantly to contribute. Rempe can fight anyone. I’m not saying he’s going to win every battle or go looking to goon it up during the playoffs. The Rangers can rely Rempe to be that “presence” out there during the playoffs. Rempe as I have stated before in past posts forces opponents to make adjustments, especially when he sets himself in front of the net. Yes I know he has to work on his skating and when and where to move around without the puck. But you have to admit Rempe stirs the shitstorm. He’s a distraction to our opponents. Now it seems every team wants to fight him! He clearly is impossible to knock down unless your behind him for a cheap shot (which happened last night). Heck he even lightened up on that check in the first period on the Ottawa senator! Imagine if Rempe didn’t let up and went full speed at that guy??? The guy would be in the hospital and a fight would have ensued. Rempe even walked away early on from a potential fight last night. He’s shown discipline and is clearly listening to Lavy. 
Heck first playoff game weather it be the caps, isles, or Pitt I would have Rempe out there in the first minutes with Mika, Breadman, Krieds, Trochek and make a statement with a thunderous check or hit (clean check mind you!) from him. Imagine if he’s on a line like that and it leads to an early first period goal??!! The Garden would erupt! You let the opponents know he’s here and you better fucking get used to him! 
i’ll wrap it up here. I’ve heard that the Rangers may not use Rempe. I think that could be a mistake. We might need him in the long run. If we’re gonna make a run to the cup it will be a pounding. There will be a lot of hitting. Rempe can lessen that by just his presence..…

Let’s go Rangers! 

Dude!  You nailed it with this post... Rempe scores 1st goal of playoffs, his 1st playoff goal AND he created the play from start to finish.  Plus, his presense scared the shit out of the Caps every time he was on the ice.  Great post!!!

• Bullseye 1

50 minutes ago, Steve said:

Dude!  You nailed it with this post... Rempe scores 1st goal of playoffs, his 1st playoff goal AND he created the play from start to finish.  Plus, his presense scared the shit out of the Caps every time he was on the ice.  Great post!!!

Thanks dude….Rangers are a deep team. 4 lines plus an enforcer who’s only 21!!!! Tell me the last time the Rangers had an enforcer of Rempes stature?? I’m an old fart 55 year old and recall the days of Barry “bubba” Beck in the 70s-early 80s. Jeff Beukeboom of the 90s. I believe they had Tie Domi at one point. Ryan Reaves a couple of years ago. Trouba of course now. Rempe offers something different.All of those guys besides Rempe are great one way or another. I don’t know something about Rempe gets everyone going crazy..

LGR!!!