• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Playoff Superstitious Are We Rocking This Year?

Figured I'd get the ball rolling. What does everyone do for playoff games to keep the good luck in our favor? For me, the playoff run we did two years ago had me not watch most of the 1st period and instead be outside cleaning my car listening on my phone. We always went up 2-0 or 2-1 when I did that. 

what you got? 

Lucky seat....bought a new leather reclining sofa last July, and it's worked pretty well this season.

Also my lucky black Nike hat.

Always a black concert tee shirt...although lately my Degeneration X tee has been getting it done against top teams

I went to my first playoff game when we lost to the lightning at Home in game 7 of the conference final some ten years ago. I will continue not going to any of the games for you guys

• LMFAO 3
  • Applause 4

38 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I went to my first playoff game when we lost to the lightning at Home in game 7 of the conference final some ten years ago. I will continue not going to any of the games for you guys

Not all heroes wear capes.

2 hours ago, Richter35 said:

Nothing has worked for us .

I vote we go back to doing whatever it was in 1994. I was on my honeymoon in Jamaica. Though I doubt my wife wants to make that sacrifice again.

The thing that worked in '94 was I never watched the game at home.  Every single game of that run I was watching the game at a friend's house, usually buying entrance with wings or pizza.

That's not happening this time around.

Have to think of a new booster.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Lucky seat....bought a new leather reclining sofa last July, and it's worked pretty well this season.

Also my lucky black Nike hat.

Always a black concert tee shirt...although lately my Degeneration X tee has been getting it done against top teams

Degeneration X always gets it done...especially now with HHH in charge 🙂

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

For the run we had 2 years ago, Before bed, I always had my daughter (at the time, 10), help me out with the "Let's Go Rangers" chant...she loves doing the  "Ch, Ch, Ch-Ch-Ch" part between the words.  

Edited by Tomas Sandstrom

27 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I've seen quite a few superstitions in the GDts. @siddious comes to mind. 

1) I have to be negative. If I’m positive we get fucked.

2) the weird. I’m saving it for the playoffs this year. That’s why you haven’t seen a lot of it.

3) Mike’s Mayo. It’s good luck.
4) this team will never lose again after the game when our loss is still true.

Also, it’s weird, but I have a few T-shirts. I have to wear on game day depending on who we’re playing. It might be a different shirt too.

I have my men's grill couch all lined up with NYR gear; Cap, blanket, t-shirt, Panarin sweater and hoodie.   All have to be placed just right.

The morning of I make sure to wear my lucky underwear and socks 🤪

Oh, and the "cone of silence" with phone off, doors locked....  I have game DVR'd and start exactly 20 minutes out.   No commercial interruptions.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Believe 1

1 hour ago, JJ in VA said:

I have my men's grill couch all lined up with NYR gear; Cap, blanket, t-shirt, Panarin sweater and hoodie.   All have to be placed just right.

Oh, and the "cone of silence" with phone off, doors locked....  I have game DVR'd and start exactly 20 minutes out.   No commercial interruptions.

I could never do that with the DVR. I'd never be able to not find out what going on in real time if possible lol 

• TroCheckmark 1

5 hours ago, JJ in VA said:

lol phones turn off? Tell that to my wife and job please