• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

x-New York Rangers

Lots of people here predicted this team would be a bubble team for various reasons. None of the predictions led to bubbliness. 

However, this season, shit happened. 

• Injuries
  • Bad goaltending stretches 
  • Bad PP stretches 
  • Uneven 5v5 play

And they've been at the top of the league and #1 in the division all year.

They get contributions from everywhere. They're never out of games. They win in bunches but never lost more than 3 in a row and pretty sure they only did that once this season? Either way no one could have predicted how good this team would be.

They are a legitimate contender. 

• Cheers 1
  • JIMMY! 3
  • Believe 4

Big factor coming down the stretch, after these 2 away games , we are "home" the rest of the way. Except one game in Detroit. They should be well rested going into the playoffs. At least from a travel standpoint.

Dare I say that the Rangers this year sort of remind me of when the Yankees swapped Buck Showalter for Joe Torre.  The Yanks were good in '94 (strike year cancelled playoffs / WS) and '95 (lost to Seattle in Best of 5), but then when Joe took over, things just clicked.

Sometimes the right leader can join an already good team and help them achieve greatness.

• Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

Mission is clear:

First ones in. Last ones out.

To win a Cup, often times you need to learn how to walk before you can run. We went on a deep run 2 years ago. Expectations went sky high the following year and we got humbled in the worst way possible against a bitter rival. We know the highs and lows. And we’re ready to run.

History lessons are over.

Because it’s time to make history.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 6

40 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Mission is clear:

To win a Cup, often times you need to learn how to walk before you can run. We went on a deep run 2 years ago. Expectations went sky high the following year and we got humbled in the worst way possible against a bitter rival. We know the highs and lows. And we’re ready to run.

200.gif?cid=8354fbe50fc71ckp1tcs85sp80ti

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

41 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Mission is clear:

Jason Sudeikis Happy Dance GIF by Apple TV

LFGGG

• Believe 2

• Phil changed the title to x-New York Rangers

The lack of respect from NHL circles is hysterical. Biz, who we know is a troll, was openly campaigning for Toronto to fall into a WC for a matchup with us. The crew was talking about East favorites and drooling all over Florida and Carolina. NHL Network was talking about Metro favorites and mentioned Carolina over us. 

Lets not forget we are the only team to actually clinch, to be in 1st place since late-October. How are we getting this little respect in comparison to Carolina? To Florida? Florida had a hot run last year. Everyone is drooling this year. Sound familiar? Kind of like, oh I don’t know, us last year? Amazing run the year prior, good team going in, all the pieces. Yawn.

And Carolina? Perpetually failing come playoff time? A favorite over us when they lost 2 of 3 against us and have been playing catch up since October with us? Hysterical.

We’re being disrespected. And I’m gonna love watching all of these assholes eat crow in a few months.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Believe 1

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The lack of respect from NHL circles is hysterical. Biz, who we know is a troll, was openly campaigning for Toronto to fall into a WC for a matchup with us. The crew was talking about East favorites and drooling all over Florida and Carolina. NHL Network was talking about Metro favorites and mentioned Carolina over us. 

Lets not forget we are the only team to actually clinch, to be in 1st place since late-October. How are we getting this little respect in comparison to Carolina? To Florida? Florida had a hot run last year. Everyone is drooling this year. Sound familiar? Kind of like, oh I don’t know, us last year? Amazing run the year prior, good team going in, all the pieces. Yawn.

And Carolina? Perpetually failing come playoff time? A favorite over us when they lost 2 of 3 against us and have been playing catch up since October with us? Hysterical.

We’re being disrespected. And I’m gonna love watching all of these assholes eat crow in a few months.

I prefer it that way honestly. Great motivation for the boys.

I don't take anything Biz says seriously at all. I always think he's kind of just playing this character on TV for views and to get people hot and talking, like you're doing. lol Does he hate the Rangers? Meh, maybe, but overall what I just said are the main reasons for his podcast and takes. Even if they liked the Rangers, I'm just not a fan of that podcast anyway. I feel like it's just a lot of hot air, again, just to get people talking. Their interviews are really the only thing really worth listening to.

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Biz is just a hater, but be prepared for many other analysts who value advanced stats to be picking against the Rangers. They are just going with the odds. Only one team with bad analytics like the Rangers has won the Cup in the last 10+ years, the Capitals in 2018.

Sometimes I think with analytics it's paralysis by analysis. Yeah, they can paint a real picture regarding a team in certain situations, but the playoffs is just a different animal entirely. It's more of a crapshoot than most sports postseasons. Plus, in general, a lot of people don't like the Rangers anyway. lol I've often said the only people who really like the Rangers are Rangers fans.