• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does Goodrow Hit 2?

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

You also could do a JBrod on the wing versus center comparison.  What portion of his points have come while playing center?

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2024 at 6:26 PM, Sod16 said:

I hope Barc stays at one.  It would mean that he will almost certainly score an OT or other huge goal in the playoffs.  That's just how these things work.

Just had to dredge this up.

Edited by Sod16
  • Applause 4

I'm getting this feeling Goodrow will be here for the full contract.  When the Rangers win it all this season I think that's going to become a lock.

4 hours ago, Br4d said:

I'm getting this feeling Goodrow will be here for the full contract.  When the Rangers win it all this season I think that's going to become a lock.

Winning a Cup would likely pave his way out of town. 

• Bullseye 1

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Winning a Cup would likely pave his way out of town. 

I don't think so.  I think if the Rangers win the cup they'll be looking for 2 in a row and Goodrow is not the guy you want to trade if you are planning to go deep in the playoffs.

The regulars I think are most likely to go if we win the cup are Kakko and Gustafsson.

50 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I don't think so.  I think if the Rangers win the cup they'll be looking for 2 in a row and Goodrow is not the guy you want to trade if you are planning to go deep in the playoffs.

The regulars I think are most likely to go if we win the cup are Kakko and Gustafsson.

Gus has had a good season and he’s UFA. He’s earned a contract with some money and term, IMO, which he’s never had. Guy has never had more than a 2-year deal in his career. 
I hope he gets the opportunity to cash in somewhere.

We will see on Kakko. He’s RFA, but he’ll be cheap to keep. 
Personally, I think his defense is worth keeping around for another year, perhaps 2. 
His trade value isn’t very high. He’s not been bad. It’s just the offense…. Which we are all still waiting for. Who knows if it comes, or how, or where?

Hes an enigma.

But I’m still reluctant to give up on him. 

This is talk for July and August though. 

• Believe 1

The reason to trade Kakko is not for what the Rangers will get from some other team.  That's not the primary issue.

The primary issue is the Rangers keep spending resources on trying to get him going and at this point we'll gain a benefit just from having him not in the picture.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The reason to trade Kakko is not for what the Rangers will get from some other team.  That's not the primary issue.

The primary issue is the Rangers keep spending resources on trying to get him going and at this point we'll gain a benefit just from having him not in the picture.

Absolutely. How long we gonna wait? How many more seasons will he take a roster spot with the dopey look on his face like someone killed his cat? The dude looks sad and disappointed most of the time they show him. Maybe he is mirroring the look on our faces when we look at him?

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Absolutely. How long we gonna wait? How many more seasons will he take a roster spot with the dopey look on his face like someone killed his cat? The dude looks sad and disappointed most of the time they show him. Maybe he is mirroring the look on our faces when we look at him?

It's likely that the grinding disappointment hits him harder than it does us.

This dude was not playing just junior before he got drafted into the NHL.  He was playing with men as an 18 year old in the World Champs.  He must have thought he had the solution in hand and instead he's failing.

And no I didn't word this post just to get Ozzy in the discussion. :)

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

He's going to be a cap casualty especially if you want to send a bag to Lafreniere. Removing Kakko and Gus isn't enough. 

12 hours ago, Pete said:

He's going to be a cap casualty especially if you want to send a bag to Lafreniere. Removing Kakko and Gus isn't enough. 

You are probably right, It is fairly common for playoff heros to be dispatched in the off season when they don't make sense long term or capwise.