• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jets Acquire Sean Monahan from Habs for 1st-Round Pick, Conditional Pick

1 minute ago, Phil said:

You do know what this means, right?

Repeat after me:  "I will not hold the past against the player getting traded to us!"

Get ready Chief!  The guy you didn't want is going to come here and win us a Cup!  LOL

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Deal done. Monahan to Winnipeg for a 1st and a Conditional Pick.

That's a pretty good deal for both I'd say.  Not really an overpayment....(not sure what the conditional pick is though)

This deal and the Lindholm deal essentially confirm that if the Rangers are to upgrade, their 1st Rounder this year is almost assuredly going to belong to another team.

Good returns for Montreal and Calgary so far.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Keeps it 100 1

• Phil changed the title to Jets Acquire Sean Monahan from Habs for 1st-Round Pick, Conditional Pick
1 hour ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Drury is smart recognizing this team isn’t a contender

It's definitely worth looking at the next 10 games before making a decision.  If the Rangers have recovered from the mid-season swoon it's probably worth bringing in reinforcements to cover the hole that Chytil left.

If they don't recover there's probably nobody short of Mark Messier that the Rangers could bring in to right the ship.

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

Good. Wanted little to no part of him coming here. 

After hearing what guys like Friedman were saying about the tensions between the NYR and MTL front offices, I don’t think Monahan was much of an option. He was always going to cost a little bit of a haul, but given the issues that evidently still exist, we probably would have had to pay a premium for him.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

After hearing what guys like Friedman were saying about the tensions between the NYR and MTL front offices, I don’t think Monahan was much of an option. He was always going to cost a little bit of a haul, but given the issues that evidently still exist, we probably would have had to pay a premium for him.

I really wish we could learn the whole story of how all of the firings actually went down 

I dunno, I'm feeling this is supposed to be "Business, not personal" kinda shit.  I still think if the right deal was there, Drury and Gorton would've done it.

I think the whole bad blood thing is bull shit.  If I could get something that made my team better from I guy I didn't care for, I'd do it in a minute.  I'm thinking either Gorton wanted too much, or Drury has a better idea than Monahan.