• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nick Bonino Clears Waivers; Assigned to Hartford

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Really hope alphabet soup is just a temporary replacement. They have to do something.

Would they actually waive Wheeler now, too? He hasn't been too useless. Kind of. Sort of.

just admit that the reason for this post was that you wanted to say "alphabet soup"

If Drury is willing to waive Bonino, I don’t doubt for a second he would be willing to waive Wheeler at some point also. I understand it’s not the best look and that these are league wide respected veterans. But, it’s business. And business is ruthless.

When Chytil returns, I assume we are staring at:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Wheeler

Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick

As that stands, to me, Wheeler looks to be a placeholder. And the obvious spot in the lineup that we should be looking to upgrade as the deadline nears.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

20 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If Drury is willing to waive Bonino, I don’t doubt for a second he would be willing to waive Wheeler at some point also. I understand it’s not the best look and that these are league wide respected veterans. But, it’s business. And business is ruthless.

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick

As that stands, to me, Wheeler looks to be a placeholder. And the obvious spot in the lineup that we should be looking to upgrade as the deadline nears.

No brainer. You hit the nail on the head. Tried to catch lightning in a bottle with Wheeler, trying to win a grizzled vet a cup, hoping it would reignite him. It didn't work. Time to move on......

.....*ring* *ring* "Detroit Red Wings; this is the office of Steve Yzerman, how can I direct your call?" #88NYRREDEMPTIONTOUR

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

No brainer. You hit the nail on the head. Tried to catch lightning in a bottle with Wheeler, trying to win a grizzled vet a cup, hoping it would reignite him. It didn't work. Time to move on......

.....*ring* *ring* "Detroit Red Wings; this is the office of Steve Yzerman, how can I direct your call?" #88NYRREDEMPTIONTOUR

That will never happen, but it gave me goosebumps! OMG!

Just now, Dunny said:

5 years too late

lol Fair enough, although he was at least decent for a bit prior to this season. But, the guy is cooked.

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick

duclair is the world's most obvious fit and it isn't close, but that's only if chytil comes back. If not, idk

10 minutes ago, Valriera said:

duclair is the world's most obvious fit and it isn't close, but that's only if chytil comes back. If not, idk

Duclair could be a longer term fix as well. It's definitely the play I would prefer. 

Too bad.

Bonino is a class act and seemingly everyone loves and respects him and the career he’s had.

And despite the decline in his play, he has played hard here.

Ill put this out there though, in his defense…

Im of the opinion that he was not brought in here under the intention of him playing every single night. He’s played more games and minutes thus far than I think they intended and it’s caught up to him.