• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#47) Rangers at San Jose Sharks — Cuylle Runnings

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hell, the first meeting of the season they almost blew a 6-3 lead to this team in a ten minute or less span. lol The third period did not surprise me. But yeah, they are either air tight defensively, or give up two or three goals in a short span. 

The scary thing is that the 2nd intermission interview, I believe it was Fox, referenced that. So you know the team was aware of the push the Sharks gave us at MSG when we were firing on all cylinders. So they knew that they had the capability to make a push.

FWIW, and I know this Sharks team is trash as is, but I was impressed by their effort against us at MSG. That was a very easy game for them to lay down and die but they kept coming. And it was known in the locker room and still, it was met with surprise and little to no resistance. That’s just unacceptable because even at our worst, we should be able to lock up a 2-goal 3rd period lead against that team. Especially when they’re on the back end of a back-to-back. Not good.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The scary thing is that the 2nd intermission interview, I believe it was Fox, referenced that. So you know the team was aware of the push the Sharks gave us at MSG when we were firing on all cylinders. So they knew that they had the capability to make a push.

FWIW, and I know this Sharks team is trash as is, but I was impressed by their effort against us at MSG. That was a very easy game for them to lay down and die but they kept coming. And it was known in the locker room and still, it was met with surprise and little to no resistance. That’s just unacceptable because even at our worst, we should be able to lock up a 2-goal 3rd period lead against that team. Especially when they’re on the back end of a back-to-back. Not good.

At the time the Sharks were starting to play better, and despite losing, went on a pretty good run after that. So, the Rangers were playing them when they were starting to get some momentum and a little confidence. It's pretty concerning that they all referenced that, yet still completely laid an egg in the third period. San Jose is a fast team, but the Rangers looked like they were skating in slow motion the entire time.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

At the time the Sharks were starting to play better, and despite losing, went on a pretty good run after that. So, the Rangers were playing them when they were starting to get some momentum and a little confidence. It's pretty concerning that they all referenced that, yet still completely laid an egg in the third period. San Jose is a fast team, but the Rangers looked like they were skating in slow motion the entire time.

Agreed. And again, not to make any type of excuses, but this west coast trip is never easy for any east coast team. And by the end of it, the sloppier hockey usually comes to a head. I get that. But given the way they played in the 1st 3 games of the trip and given the fact that the opportunity to go home with 4 of 8 points was right there for the taking, the fact that they couldn’t nut-up for 20 minutes and play 20 strong smart minutes does concern me a little bit.

In a season where we’ve had our fair share of lousy losses to lesser teams, this to me was their worst loss. Even though we gained a point, just feels like a bigger gut punch than any other loss.

Edited by RichieNextel305

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Agreed. And again, not to make any type of excuses, but this west coast trip is never easy for any east coast team. And by the end of it, the sloppier hockey usually comes to a head. I get that. But given the way they played in the 1st 3 games of the trip and given the fact that the opportunity to go home with 4 of 8 points was right there for the taking, the fact that they couldn’t nut-up for 20 minutes and play 20 strong smart minutes does concern me a little bit.

In a season where we’ve had our fair share of lousy losses to lesser teams, this to me was their worst loss. Even though we gained a point, just feels like a bigger gut punch than any other loss.

They got a point, but it was such a bad loss, it feels like they didn't get anything. Now they go home and play Vegas who blew their doors off the other day. We'll see how they respond. If they don't nut up after blowing this game, then maybe we can start reaching peak worry.

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

"I do think we could've pressed more in the offensive zone, I thought we were a little bit too much east/west all night[...] we need more straight delivery to the net, more puck to the net, more people to the net and look to make things happen. We're being to selective."

It's the same thing every NYR head coach has said the last 3-4 years.

Wonder what else has been true of the team for the last 3–4 years. Couldn't be the most important/highest paid players?

• Bullseye 2

I was trying to think of something creative and witty for the GDT last night, and then we go and play a 3rd period that really blew a wet, drippy, dead dog's dick.  Needless to say I was less than thrilled with Gus' fabulous clearing pass behind the net.  Not to mention our inability to score more than 2 fucking goals against a team that probably couldn't even give a Women's league team much of a game.

If you stayed up for this one, I apoligize, and @Pete, don't bother watching the replay...TRUST ME!

....and here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by No Doz.

12 hours ago, siddious said:

Not staying up so let me Get these out of the way…

”Jesus shesterkin could you make an effing save”

”let’s go fellas a few more passes from

east to west should do the trick”

”nice shot zib.. hit the net. In the rink next door but never the less hit the net”

”couldn’t get into the zone if the rink was vertical and they had stones tied to their legs”

”is panarin even playing?”

”unreal play by panarin thank god we signed him”

”I can’t believe we’re about to lose to David Quinn”

11 hours ago, fletch said:

San Jose has home ice and David Quinn’s sharp haircut going for them.

10 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

They keep playing like this ,nobody will win the GDT

10 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

The ones who are sleeping already are the winners….

9 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Take a gummy. Soon he’ll look like Gretzky. 

9 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Zib cut his hair. Still sucks

It's kind of odd that even though we got a point on the road, it still feels like a loss.  Probably due to the fact that I'm starting to really wonder what team we are;  Are we the Rangers of the first 2 months, or the puke , wretched team of lackluster fucks of the last 2 months??

Anyway, the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Cr00zng, the Cr00zer, who pretty much nailed it.  I'm fucking wiped out today because of these jerkoffs, and I actually feel a little embarrassed to be a Ranger fan today.

Fuck it...Let's go home!

• Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I was trying to think of something creative and witty for the GDT last night, and then we go and play a 3rd period that really blew a wet, drippy, dead dog's dick.  Needless to say I was less than thrilled with Gus' fabulous clearing pass behind the net.  Not to mention our inability to score more than 2 fucking goals against a team that probably couldn't even give a Women's league team much of a game.

If you stayed up for this one, I apoligize, and @Pete, don't bother watching the replay...TRUST ME!

....and here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by No Doz.

It's kind of odd that even though we got a point on the road, it still feels like a loss.  Probably due to the fact that I'm starting to really wonder what team we are;  Are we the Rangers of the first 2 months, or the puke , wretched team of lackluster fucks of the last 2 months??

Anyway, the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Cr00zng, the Cr00zer, who pretty much nailed it.  I'm fucking wiped out today because of these jerkoffs, and I actually feel a little embarrassed to be a Ranger fan today.

Fuck it...Let's go home!

I watch all the games, win or lose. No fair weather fans here!

• Cheers 2

I watch all the games here too except when stoopid ESPN has all the coverage. Can't even watch a tape delay. I'm shocked they let the NHL Network show highlights of the game🤬

Edited by knedragon

5 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

22 saves, 3 goals against. Why are we riding this guy between the pipes?

I don't know why everyone is against trading major lineup pieces of this team. CK20 and Fox show little to no emotion post goal against, post loss and yet their talent level is worth keeping around although everyone will jump and complain about the lack of battle level? Sorry boys but it's time and I'm looking to shake up this locker room by moving one of those two pieces. I'm a Ranger fan through and through and there is no player, that I find untouchable for the right move. It isn't like those two are going to fetch you scrubs. This roster needs a defib to shock some life back into them and that wont come in the way of a third line plug.

We're in a root for the laundry situation.  Individual players are for Fantasy Hockey.

5 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

I get what you're saying but yea, I think Shesterkin should have had the first one if he were in position hugging that post watching the play. The second one was a long range shot deflection which he could have had but didn't. That's what makes goalies elite though; making the unlikely save with the game on the line. He was hung out to dry in OT but if he were better positioned on either of the first two, #3 doesn't happen. 23 saves isn't a tall ask of a goalie honestly. If your team limits them to under 25 shots, you should damn well be able to keep the goals against under 3.

Not trying to defend Igor because he has been hot and cold this year, but that first goal was a brain fart by Gus with an amateurish turn over behind our net that was in our net before Igor could even react.  That was in no way on him.  And the 2nd goal was a good tip out front that no goalie on planet earth could have reacted to in time to stop it.  Igor was very good last night and not the problem.   

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

15 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Not trying to defend Igor because he has been hot and cold this year, but that first goal was a brain fart by Gus with an amateurish turn over behind our net that was in our net before Igor could even react.  That was in no way on him.  And the 2nd goal was a good tip out front that no goalie on planet earth could have reacted to in time to stop it.  Igor was very good last night and not the problem.   

I agree, my man.  No fault on any of those.  Gus' brain fart was ridiculous, and the deflection was superb.  The OT goal, he almost got over and saved, but we never cut that pass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, delneggs said:

Why should the goalie not own situational awareness? Defensive flub no doubt, I agree, but I don't think it needed to be a goal.

• Phil unpinned this topic
10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Why should the goalie not own situational awareness? Defensive flub no doubt, I agree, but I don't think it needed to be a goal.

Your opinion, and I respect that but disagree.  No goalie can anticipate their D having a massive brain fart like that and turning the puck over behind the net right to a forward that just has to flick his wrist and its in the net.  That goal (and the loss to a big part) is on Gus for one of the worst turnovers I have seen in a while.  Laffy has to own some of the loss too with his millionth missed wide open net this year. I like the kid, but he misses open nets way too much.  

Edited by delneggs
spelling
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

2 hours ago, delneggs said:

Your opinion, and I respect that but disagree.  No goalie can anticipate their D having a massive brain fart like that and turning the puck over behind the net right to a forward that just has to flick his wrist and its in the net.  That goal (and the loss to a big part) is on Gus for one of the worst turnovers I have seen in a while.  Laffy has to own some of the loss too with his millionth missed wide open net this year. I like the kid, but he misses open nets way too much.  

The second goal he had no chance on.

The first goal he simply lost focus. He was lazy getting back to the front of the net, and he was looking over his left shoulder when the puck was clearly moved to his right side. He had no chance on the shot, but it was because his attention to detail was lacking. 

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

The second goal he had no chance on.

The first goal he simply lost focus. He was lazy getting back to the front of the net, and he was looking over his left shoulder when the puck was clearly moved to his right side. He had no chance on the shot, but it was because his attention to detail was lacking. 

Disagree.  It was because of Gus's moronic turnover.  Igor was turning because his D had the puck and he was assuming that Gus was making a pass to a Ranger, which anyone would assume.  100% on Gus.  

42 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Disagree.  It was because of Gus's moronic turnover.  Igor was turning because his D had the puck and he was assuming that Gus was making a pass to a Ranger, which anyone would assume.  100% on Gus.  

I don't know why that would be of the assumption considering they use a reverse play pretty often coming around their own net. That might be something you would assume, but that doesn't mean it should have been something Igor should.

That said, he was lazy getting back to the crease. There's no excuse for it. 

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know why that would be of the assumption considering they use a reverse play pretty often coming around their own net. That might be something you would assume, but that doesn't mean it should have been something Igor should.

That said, he was lazy getting back to the crease. There's no excuse for it. 

Nah, can't agree but respect your opinion.