• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Will Cuylle Appreciation Thread

Phil

59 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yes he does. A lot. All the time. He doesn't body check and people seem to equate that to board battles or playing hard. His positioning and use of his size to get possession is outstanding.

There's a difference between gliding while in good position versus gliding while out of position. Good players have a tendency to do the former. Bad players do the latter. The distinction makes a world of difference.

Don't make this about Panarin. It's a Will Cuylle thread and the only reason Kreider is being talked about is because someone said a 25 point Cuylle could replace Kreider.

I'm not making it about Panarin, I'm making it about the cognitive dissonance between trading one player who is not going to get you any cap relief after you're done with retention plus signing replacement versus trading a guy who many teams wouldn't even ask for attention and would probably get a good amount.

There is nobody on this team who strides less than Kreider. He doesn't use his speed to get it on the fore check or to get into open areas or to push the play. Please don't try to say that he's always in position therefore he never has to move his feet. Good hockey players are always moving their feet. It's coaching 101. 

I don't remember the last time I saw him win a 50-50 puck. Next time I'm watching I will actively participate in the GDT and make a note of every time he's not moving his feet and every time he doesn't come out of the corner with a puck. 

25 minutes ago, siddious said:

I knew you would chime in to correct me lol

Never the less I will take another (cheaper) Trochek and Fast.

lol just trying to keep expectations reasonable for both. They're still useful players and more of what the team lacks, they're just not overtly aggressive. They're feistier than what's currently on the roster but a far cry from the actual killers out there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not making it about Panarin, I'm making it about the cognitive dissonance between trading one player who is not going to get you any cap relief after you're done with retention plus signing replacement versus trading a guy who many teams wouldn't even ask for attention and would probably get a good amount.

There is nobody on this team who strides less than Kreider. He doesn't use his speed to get it on the fore check or to get into open areas or to push the play. Please don't try to say that he's always in position therefore he never has to move his feet. Good hockey players are always moving their feet. It's coaching 101. 

I don't remember the last time I saw him win a 50-50 puck. Next time I'm watching I will actively participate in the GDT and make a note of every time he's not moving his feet and every time he doesn't come out of the corner with a puck. 

You were in last night's game thread saying he was invisible and only did one positive thing (his goal), as if he wasn't a big reason for the first goal (Trocheck's) on a set play between he and Fox. You've hated Kreider for years. So knock yourself out, but forgive me if I don't care.

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You were in last night's game thread saying he was invisible and only did one positive thing (his goal), as if he wasn't a big reason for the first goal (Trocheck's) on a set play between he and Fox. You've hated Kreider for years. So knock yourself out, but forgive me if I don't care.

I only watched the third period, hence the reason I only posted during the third period. I was at my own game lol, clearly the sarcasm is too much for you. 

"You've hated Kreider for years"... Don't be ridiculous, I don't hate anyone. I get frustrated with him, for reason. And I'm not the only one. This guy is 6'3 and 230 lb and you would never think he even played a game if he didn't score a goal. He's completely invisible in every other facet. 

Luckily for me, I don't really care what you care about. My points stand, regardless of whether or not you care about them. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I only watched the third period, hence the reason I only posted during the third period. I was at my own game lol, clearly the sarcasm is too much for you. 

"You've hated Kreider for years"... Don't be ridiculous, I don't hate anyone. I get frustrated with him, for reason. And I'm not the only one. This guy is 6'3 and 230 lb and you would never think he even played a game if he didn't score a goal. He's completely invisible in every other facet. 

Luckily for me, I don't really care what you care about. My points stand, regardless of whether or not you care about them. 

Great. Make notes in your journal during games and then report back to the board 🫡

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Great. Make notes in your journal during games and then report back to the board 🫡

Will do, and then I'm sure you'll respond, even though you "don't care". 

2 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

lol just trying to keep expectations reasonable for both. They're still useful players and more of what the team lacks, they're just not overtly aggressive. They're feistier than what's currently on the roster but a far cry from the actual killers out there.

No you have much more insight into these guys than I do. I read as much as I can but hardly if ever get to see them play until they get to 8th ave.

I am just happy we are going for the feist type at least if not the all together pests these days. Seems like its been ages since we had that identity.

17 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Probably. A teacher always grades his student’s work. I’ll have the red pen ready to go I’m sure

That was a good one. I'll give you that. 

Your insults are much better than your hockey takes. It's probably a byproduct of you getting beat up at the bus stop all the time. 

Edited by Pete

4 hours ago, Pete said:

That was a good one. I'll give you that. 

Your insults are much better than your hockey takes. It's probably a byproduct of you getting beat up at the bus stop all the time. 

It's not an insult to be taught by an Elmer Ferguson Memorial Award winning hockey journalist.

A few more months until crunch time and we'll see how much Panarin and company shove it up my poop chute. I'm not too worried about Chris Kreider and what he's producing versus what he's paid.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • LMFAO 1

49 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Imagine thinking I don't know a thing or two about stick & puck, eh @Phil?

dance moms lol GIF by Lifetime

I can confirm that you only know a thing, maybe even two.

InB4 "That's two more than you!" 

Edited by Pete