• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Stadium Series Jerseys Revealed

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Like the broad stripes, hate the giant numbers on sleeves, like the shoulder patch, wish the NYR was a tad smaller on front. Like it more than the 3rds but don't love it.

Maybe I’m going crazy but doesn’t it seem like the teams wear the giant numbers when the outdoor game is being played in an NFL stadium? Maybe because of the distance from the ice and easier to be able to tell who’s who for everyone? Just an idea. I’m just spitballing. But yeah, I agree. I would never wear that but I think it isn’t the worst one I’ve seen.

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Maybe I’m going crazy but doesn’t it seem like the teams wear the giant numbers when the outdoor game is being played in an NFL stadium? Maybe because of the distance from the ice and easier to be able to tell who’s who for everyone? Just an idea. I’m just spitballing. But yeah, I agree. I would never wear that but I think it isn’t the worst one I’ve seen.

That's a great point. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I kinda like it for an outdoor game.

with that said I still wish they would do something other than the ranger logo/crest for once. 

In my head I forsee a chest patch with the NYC skyline as the outline of top which drops down into the NYR logo posted earlier. Dark Navy with silver and red stitching.

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

SJ Sharks unveiled their third jersey today and IMO they always come out w/ some of the best jerseys. 

Must be an adidas thing with the stripes b/c they kind of have the same type of stripes as the Rangers do for their 3rd jersey

https://www.nhl.com/news/topic/short-shifts/san-jose-sharks-unveil-cali-fin-third-jerseys

These are dope. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

These are dope. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

SJ Sharks unveiled their third jersey today and IMO they always come out w/ some of the best jerseys. 

Must be an adidas thing with the stripes b/c they kind of have the same type of stripes as the Rangers do for their 3rd jersey

https://www.nhl.com/news/topic/short-shifts/san-jose-sharks-unveil-cali-fin-third-jerseys

It isn't that hard to make something look great. The million stripes on our thirds with the giant crest are something that should have never made it past the spit balling stage of design. Liberty head is a great example of what it could be and be great. NY has everything and could literally use any design idea to make a new third that doesn't leave people scratching their heads. How bout the freedom tower? Or skyline? A bridge? Subway? ANYTHING. 

8 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

It isn't that hard to make something look great. The million stripes on our thirds with the giant crest are something that should have never made it past the spit balling stage of design. Liberty head is a great example of what it could be and be great. NY has everything and could literally use any design idea to make a new third that doesn't leave people scratching their heads. How bout the freedom tower? Or skyline? A bridge? Subway? ANYTHING. 

I actually don't mind the thirds. I rather like them.

What messes it up is that the logo is way too big, and they used the same serif font for the captaincy letters, which you don't see anywhere else on the jersey. Those letters are also way too big.

Other than that I don't mind the colors or the piping on the thirds. 

• Phil changed the title to Stadium Series Jerseys Revealed