• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blake Wheeler: Is This the End?

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

What rumors? From who? 

Calgary for Chris Tanev.  Schneider and a 2nd go along also and the Rangers get back Adam Ruzicka.

This is a week old though.  Rumor broke on January 4th.

Looks like BS rumor mill.  There's also the same guys going to the Ducks for Zegras even after the broken ankle.

Edited by Br4d

29 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Calgary for Chris Tanev.  Schneider and a 2nd go along also and the Rangers get back Adam Ruzicka.

Looks like BS rumor mill.  There's also the same guys going to the Ducks for Zegras even after the broken ankle.

There’s zero legitimacy behind the hacks writing that stuff. The Rangers would be stupid to do that trade.

31 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

There’s zero legitimacy behind the hacks writing that stuff. The Rangers would be stupid to do that trade.

It's interesting though that the proposed trades both involved Kakko, Schneider and a 2nd.  Probably one guy picking up off of another but it shows where the Ranger's perceived issues and strengths lie.

It seems fairly likely the Rangers will trade a young d-man by the deadline.  That's where the relative depth on the team is right now.

I don’t see that happening at all. We trade from our blue line, and we go into the playoffs with Zac Jones receiving meaningful ice time. That isn’t a recipe to win a Cup.

And yeah, that rumor is taking with not a grain of salt but an entire truck full of salt. That site is a bunch of BS.

48 minutes ago, Br4d said:

It's interesting though that the proposed trades both involved Kakko, Schneider and a 2nd.  Probably one guy picking up off of another but it shows where the Ranger's perceived issues and strengths lie.

It seems fairly likely the Rangers will trade a young d-man by the deadline.  That's where the relative depth on the team is right now.

This team just skated seven defensemen one of which was Zack Jones, and they called up Matthew Robertson who is not good.

What is your thinking behind the notion that we have young defensive depth? 

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

This team just skated seven defensemen one of which was Zack Jones, and they called up Matthew Robertson who is not good.

What is your thinking behind the notion that we have young defensive depth? 

Relative depth.  No depth at Center.  No depth at RW.

Filling either of those with a real player would be worth giving up a 3rd pair d-man.

BTW, one thing that we're not talking about yet but might be a good move is trading a rental for a rental.  Gustafsson might be very attractive to a contender that need a top 4 LD (or RD since he has done that also) and has a 2nd tier vet RW who is on an expiring contract.

Edited by Br4d

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Relative depth.  No depth at Center.  No depth at RW.

Filling either of those with a real player would be worth giving up a 3rd pair d-man.

Gotcha.

At this point I'm not really interested in moving Schneider or Kakko. Schneider has a bright future. KK value will never be lower. I just don't think it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Does it? Because I see that trade getting an RD to what, play behind Fox and Trouba? So trading Kakko, who plays a position of need, and a decent young 3rd pairing RD for a better 3rd RD? And a 2nd round pick on top to get a run of the mill bottom 6 C? It makes zero sense.

I don’t see in what world the Rangers need a defenseman upgrade right now. If there is a trade involving Rangers defense, I imagine it will be to downgrade in exchange for forward. Example: Schneider for a young mid 6 center with similar upside. A mid pick for an OK RD to play with Gus. That’s trading from strength to fill a need.

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Does it? Because I see that trade getting an RD to what, play behind Fox and Trouba? So trading Kakko, who plays a position of need, and a decent young 3rd pairing RD for a better 3rd RD? And a 2nd round pick on top to get a run of the mill bottom 6 C? It makes zero sense.

I don’t see in what world the Rangers need a defenseman upgrade right now. If there is a trade involving Rangers defense, I imagine it will be to downgrade in exchange for forward. Example: Schneider for a young mid 6 center with similar upside. A mid pick for an OK RD to play with Gus. That’s trading from strength to fill a need.

Laviolette may feel that he needs a really solid RD right now to pair maybe with Lindgren for when he needs guys out there who are going to do what it takes to shut down the opposition in the DZ.

Lindgren is the only guy I feel really comfortable with on defense right now when defense is what you are looking for.

Remember that Laviolette doesn't think as much in terms of lines as of roles.

Edited by Br4d

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

Who is saying this and why would you take it seriously or give it merit enough to bring it here? 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who is saying this and why would you take it seriously or give it merit enough to bring it here? 

There was a post above about rumors of a Kakko trade.

I just hunted up recent rumors of a potential Kakko trade in response to the other post.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

There was a post above about rumors of a Kakko trade.

I just hunted up recent rumors of a potential Kakko trade in response to the other post.

Who is producing the rumors thatvwrre brought up and that you hunted down? 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Who is producing the rumors thatvwrre brought up and that you hunted down? 

I have no idea but they are the only rumors that have Kakko being traded recently according to Google.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Thanks, I  didn't understand what you were talking about. You just kept saying the rumors 

Sorry, but why are we taking these sources seriously? 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thanks, I  didn't understand what you were talking about. You just kept saying the rumors 

Sorry, but why are we taking these sources seriously? 

Again, I was just responding to a post above.

You'll note that I said they were probably BS rumors in the post you quoted.  🙂