• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Acquire Jamie Drysdale, 2nd-round Pick From Ducks for Cutter Gauthier

Is anyone following this whole story? The organization is blasting Gauthier. Briere and Jones both came out and said he basically didn’t want to play for the Flyers. One reporter said he heard Kevin Hayes may have been in Gauthiers ear or something, to which he responded with this on his Twitter:

This whole story is fucking wild.

Edited by RichieNextel305

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Briere and Jones both came out and said he basically didn’t want to play for the Flyers.

2 of the biggest bitches alive. Now the kid is being dragged all over Twitter and the Flyers owner basically said he "feels bad for him" when he plays in Philly. What kind of horseshit doxxing is that? 

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

They have a right to be pissed at him for wanting out before he ever got there but like, try to at least tout Drysdale instead of making it about how Cutter wanted out 

Adam Fox enters the room 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

2 of the biggest bitches alive. Now the kid is being dragged all over Twitter and the Flyers owner basically said he "feels bad for him" when he plays in Philly. What kind of horseshit doxxing is that? 

I'm sure he's totally scared of that one time a year the Ducks will go to Philly.  What a dumb thing to say.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Adam Fox enters the room 

Normally I am on the side of players using their power to influence their own careers but idk, this one just kinda rubbed me the wrong way (not saying the Flyers have handled this well either because they haven't)

Must be because his name is Cutter which just gives off rich entitled prick vibes (I have no clue what his family background is and Im fully just talking out of my ass lol)

13 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I'm sure he's totally scared of that one time a year the Ducks will go to Philly.  What a dumb thing to say.

That really isn't the point. But you should also remember Philly fans throw batteries at people.

• Bullseye 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I wonder why he didn't want to play for that organization? Real mystery.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I don’t know if it was said by the owner or one of the FO guys either, but somehow a comparison was made with JD Drew, who was a high draft pick by the Phillies who refused to play there once upon a time, and this situation. And the concept of bringing batteries and throwing them at him like they did at Drew when he first came into Philly as a visitor. I have to see if it was said by fans or if it was said by anyone in the Flyer organization, because that would be a pretty wild statement.

I think there's a big difference with a guy like Fox who eschewed signing for 3 years, taking the risk of injury in the interim, and earned his free agency.  He didn't sign with Nashville or Carolina because he was on the verge of free agency.  That's very rational.  

This has gotten so ugly. That reporter should be suspended or fired. And he’s a big time reporter down in Philly for the Flyers. These guys that just spew bullshit in this day and age, it’s not okay. And for that guy to drag Hayes in the middle of this shitstorm is absurd.