• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Oilers Fire Head Coach Jay Woodcroft; Kris Knoblauch Hired as New Head Coach

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t get it. I mean, I get that it’s one game. But it was probably the best they looked all season. You wait until after that to fire him? Why not just do it after the SJ loss?

Dumpster. Fire.

I don’t think the coach helped himself but I don’t think he was the main problem

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t get it. I mean, I get that it’s one game. But it was probably the best they looked all season. You wait until after that to fire him? Why not just do it after the SJ loss?

Dumpster. Fire.

My thoughts precisely lol That was actually a decent win (by their standards) and could've been a turning page for the team. But they choose to do it now rather than after the SJS debacle? This organization is an utter mess right now.

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Oilers Fire Head Coach Jay Woodcroft; Kris Knoblauch Hired as New Head Coach

Big loss for the organization and couldn’t be happier for Knoblauch who has more than paid his due. Every single player that comes up from the A slots right into the team for the past several years and that’s because he coaches whatever system exists here and he does it well. Best of luck 

Good. Knoblauch will suck there too and it ends more of the typical yearning for a home grown coach,  no matter what his results were.

Knoblauch did absolutely nothing with Hartford. Developed nothing. Produced no diamonds in the rough. Did pretty poorly overall with the pack. His claim to fame was that he coached McDavid in Jrs. But it's overlooked that he got the least out of McDavid than other coaches.. 

Who's replacing this schmoe? Did I see Steve Smith? Good. 

Good for Knobby!!  I heard this last night during the game, and was very happy to hear him getting a chance in the NHL.  Edmonton right now is a fucking tire fire, but hopefully he can get it moving in the right direction.

Best of luck to The Knobber!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 12:05 AM, The Dude said:

Good. Knoblauch will suck there too and it ends more of the typical yearning for a home grown coach,  no matter what his results were.

Knoblauch did absolutely nothing with Hartford. Developed nothing. Produced no diamonds in the rough. Did pretty poorly overall with the pack. His claim to fame was that he coached McDavid in Jrs. But it's overlooked that he got the least out of McDavid than other coaches.. 

Who's replacing this schmoe? Did I see Steve Smith? Good. 

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four