• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #12] Rangers vs. Detroit Red Wings — Put the Hot Wheels Away

High and Wide

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m not trying to get flamed here, nor am I saying that it should happen. But, I do have to say, I like the way PP1 looked with Gustafsson looked back there. 

I know that it seems like I hate Adam Fox. I don’t. I love the guy and I realize how brilliant he is. Yes, I have gripes with some things he does. But, I’m not stupid. The guy is a Top-2 or 3 defenseman in the sport; particularly when it comes to his performance on the PP, where he is one of the very best quarterbacks of a power play in the sport.

All that I’m saying is that it was nice to have a lefty out there to shake it up a bit and have a threat on both sides up top to take a one-timer. Gustafsson also has a ton of experience QB’ing on the PP on other teams where he has been successful. He has been such a fucking steal for what we gave him. And at least we’re not flailing looking for someone to fill in there, because we seem to be continuing to dominate on the man advantage. 

No reason for you to get flamed. It looked incredible. lol Gus has been one of the best FA signings in the NHL. Unbelievable production so far at a bargain price. The dude is going to make bank in the offseason if he keeps this play up.

• Keeps it 100 2

Definitely happy with the win, but as far as the game goes it's hard to evaluate. They looked killer at times, they got caved at times, and Detroit look like shit most of the night.

Hard to take away anything significant other than the two points. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Get points where we can.  At this point, without our top dawgs, it's not going to be easy or pretty I don't think. 

Once we get Igor back things will settle down some.  Quick has done what needs to be done but Igor will win us a few.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Get points where we can.  At this point, without our top dawgs, it's not going to be easy or pretty I don't think. 

Agreed.  No Fox, No Igor and no Chytil (who was part of maybe our best line)...we're 9 - 2 ....in a new system.  

Edited by Bieser
  • Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
7 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

is Zibby line really a the 1st line?  They're more like a checking line, doing shit offensively 

Nope.

Panarin's line is line 1 no matter how the lines are listed. The Zibby line and "3rd line" equally used. Whether you want to call them two 2nd lines, or two 3rd lines, or two mid-6 tweener lines, is a matter of opinion.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nope.

Panarin's line is line 1 no matter how the lines are listed. The Zibby line and "3rd line" equally used. Whether you want to call them two 2nd lines, or two 3rd lines, or two mid-6 tweener lines, is a matter of opinion.

Zibby line is a decoy 1st line.  

Zib is the best center on the team. Which is why its so important to find a way to get that line going. Whether that means finding the right RW (still looking since Zucc, Buch...) Or if need be putting Panarin on his LW.

I just can't see how you can tolerate Zib not producing at a top 6 level at ES.

Edited by Jdog99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

Zib is the best center on the team. Which is why its so important to find a way to get that line going. Whether that means finding the right RW (still looking since Zucc, Buch...) Or if need be putting Panarin on his LW.

I just can't see how you can tolerate Zib not producing at a top 6 level at ES.

Last year against the playoff teams Zib went 4 goals and 17 assists in 39 games at even strength.  This has been going on for awhile now.

Edit: added in the Devils series: 5 goals and 18 assists at even strength in 46 games.

Edited by Br4d

36 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Last year against the playoff teams Zib went 4 goals and 17 assists in 39 games at even strength.  This has been going on for awhile now.

Edit: added in the Devils series: 5 goals and 18 assists at even strength in 46 games.

Now do it for, say, Aho? Or another Zib comparable.

Edited by Pete