• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #5] Rangers at Seattle Kraken — Cooking Calamari

Drew a Penalty

38 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Ah come on. I want to be positive after the boys showed up last night, and Panarin was easily the player of the game, but there’s no way that is an accurate description lol 

He caught a puck, shook off a half hearted bump by Oleksiak, and ripped it home. High skill, but it’s not bullying his way to the net like peak Jaromir Jagr. He’s scored from the slot many times before if that’s the main point here

Panarin is a great player in the slot.  He's good circling on the perimeter.  I much prefer the guy in the slot.

Caught the highlights. Looks like Chytil had a really impactful game with set ups and on the forecheck? Also looks like we didn’t play the same as against Nashville. Instead of looking for the perfect pass or perfect play, we went to the net on Kakko’s goal. Quick also couldn’t have been too bad but didn’t have a lot of work

It seems like Panarin is actually shooting some more. Haven’t looked all the way through the numbers, but he’s leading the team in shots as of now.

Thats a good sign.

Obviously he’s always going to be a pass first playmaking type, but he does have an excellent shot and should be using it more 

Only watched the Highlights on Youtube and they confused the hell out of me, did teams switch sides during the periods or something? Cause they sure made it look like they did in those Highlights, teams switching the side they played on and the scoreboard would still show the same period.

5 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

Only watched the Highlights on Youtube and they confused the hell out of me, did teams switch sides during the periods or something? Cause they sure made it look like they did in those Highlights, teams switching the side they played on and the scoreboard would still show the same period.

Yea - the lighting on one side of the ice was bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

It seems like Panarin is actually shooting some more. Haven’t looked all the way through the numbers, but he’s leading the team in shots as of now.

Thats a good sign.

Obviously he’s always going to be a pass first playmaking type, but he does have an excellent shot and should be using it more 

He's buying into the system. He's playing hard and skating his ass off. That line is listening to the coaches. 

It's something to get excited about. They're explosive. They have that buzz. Puts me on the edge of my seat more than any line in recent times.  Yes. Even Lafrenière.  

2 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

With the lights being messed up on one side of the ice (they needed to warm up) the teams agreed to not only continue playing (almost delayed/postponed), but they would switch sides at the 10 minute mark of the first. Thus making it a more level playing field where both teams would have the same obstacle. 

After the 1st they went back to normal. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He's buying into the system. He's playing hard and skating his ass off. That line is listening to the coaches. 

It's something to get excited about. They're explosive. They have that buzz. Puts me on the edge of my seat more than any line in recent times.  Yes. Even Lafrenière.  

So maybe then you can just layoff the Fat French Donut-loving Frog for a few?!??

Those 3 are going to do well this season if they are together. 

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Chytil and Panarin are explosive.  Lafreniere is very good in the slot and particularly on the edge of the crease.  Both Chytil and Panarin need to shoot more often when Laffy is setup on the left side of the crease.  That's a goal waiting to happen.

4 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

So maybe then you can just layoff the Fat French Donut-loving Frog for a few?!??

Those 3 are going to do well this season if they are together. 

I have. I said clean slate and meant it. Since game 1 of the season I've said he's been good. 

I'm currently not exactly happy with Zibanejad,  Goodrow,  Schneider, Kakko and Miller. But 5 games... 

I mean maybe you can lay off Panarin just a little.  You know.... The best forward on the team the last 4 years. The guy who pits up 90+ points and has driven play no matter who is on his line? 

What are you his mom? Maybe I can lay off him now? Lmao. He deserved every bit of criticism and I'm fair in recognizing the difference in play. I've mentioned it already.  

11 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Chytil and Panarin are explosive.  Lafreniere is very good in the slot and particularly on the edge of the crease.  Both Chytil and Panarin need to shoot more often when Laffy is setup on the left side of the crease.  That's a goal waiting to happen.

Let's complain about the players on the line with Lafrenière as if they are playing poorly. Just to pump Lafrenière up more. 

That line is fine. It's buzzing and is going to gain the attention of other coaching staffs. It's also going to possibly gell more and get even better. But there's little question in who is the focal point of that line. It's not Lafrenière. So, stop. It's whatever Panarin makes of it. 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I have. I said clean slate and meant it. Since game 1 of the season I've said he's been good. 

I'm currently not exactly happy with Zibanejad,  Goodrow,  Schneider, Kakko and Miller. But 5 games... 

I mean maybe you can lay off Panarin just a little.  You know.... The best forward on the team the last 4 years. The guy who pits up 90+ points and has driven play no matter who is on his line? 

What are you his mom? Maybe I can lay off him now? Lmao. He deserved every bit of criticism and I'm fair in recognizing the difference in play. I've mentioned it already.  

I’m kidding dude.

Also… when have I said anything bad about Panarin?

Don’t know where you’re getting that from.

Keep reading.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, CCCP said:

Wheeler needs to be wheeled into retirement.  The guy is cooked. 

There was a warning on the package that said "This Player is 37, has been in decline for a while, and was just bought ought by the team with whom he spent his entire career."  Sure, $800K isn't much, but it takes up a roster space that could go to someone else.

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

There was a warning on the package that said "This Player is 37, has been in decline for a while, and was just bought ought by the team with whom he spent his entire career."  Sure, $800K isn't much, but it takes up a roster space that could go to someone else.

Without him here we are rotating Vesey and Pitlick in that RW spot. Ya gotta figure Wheeler will out produce both this year.

Now THAT'S the team I'm looking forward to watching!  A great rebound game from the boys!  Don't look now kids, but that Panarin guy is having fun again, and he's got two guys around him that are helping it happen.

That game could've easily been 7-1 if Chyts buries that breakaway, and Goody pounds in that 2 on 1 setup from Mika!

Anyway, here are the Top 5 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by No Doz: back as our favorite late night necessity for west coast trips!

On 10/21/2023 at 3:36 PM, Br4d said:

I think I'm going to put the game on and go to sleep.

Then tomorrow I can rant about what I learned in my sleep.

22 hours ago, Keirik said:

That's Laf himself. He lhas a different meaning to "pregame." They have the best nachos in Seattle. 

21 hours ago, phillyb said:

"I feel like Messier played too long to keep that average up lol" 

- Keirik translator

19 hours ago, phillyb said:

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS TEAM?!

19 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Wish I could have seen it, but, NOOOO, I get to watch the games where they play like crap.  Coincidence?

Not a whole lotta action for Quick, but he did come up with a few really good saves when we needed them.  Trocheck punching the shit out of McCann really made me double take!  I love the way these guys are sticking up for one another.  ...speaks volumes to the fella behind the bench!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Philly @phillyb, who is now being tabbed as Keirik's official interpreter on forum posts!! 

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 2

• Phil unpinned this topic