• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Do the Rangers Have a Shot to Sign Steven Stamkos in 2024?

Rangers1994

Steven Stamkos  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Rangers have a shot to sign Steven Stamkos in 2024?

• Yes
    • No

We want him?  Why?

I'd rather sign a guy like Petterson out in Vancouver who I think is going to be a Free Agent after this season.  Signing Stamkos is Old Rangers type shit.

May as well sign Dionne, LaFluer, and Espo again....maybe resign Bonilla as well while we're at it!  LOL

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

We want him?  Why?

I'd rather sign a guy like Petterson out in Vancouver who I think is going to be a Free Agent after this season.  Signing Stamkos is Old Rangers type shit.

May as well sign Dionne, LaFluer, and Espo again....maybe resign Bonilla as well while we're at it!  LOL

Unfortunately Bonilla won't work since he's still under contract for another ten years or so. 😆

• LMFAO 1
  • VINNY! 1

• Phil changed the title to Do the Rangers Have a Shot to Sign Steven Stamkos in 2024?
2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

I don't see why we'd sign a 34 year old center when we already have Zibanejad, Chytil, and Trocheck signed for long periods of time and also have limited cap space. 

Not to nitpick, but he's been a right-wing for a while now. And that feels like an area of need. Just not for a guy like him. 

Edited by Pete

He’s played lots of W over the course of his career. And he’s moved around from C to both W spots regularly for years.

He can play any F spot. It’s long and well established. 

I’d have to guess he’s going to still cost a nice chunk of change. He turns 34 this season.

Why’s he leaving Tampa though, hypothetically?

Cause he looks like a lifer to me. 

I have to believe that Tampa would still want him around, especially if his salary goes down, which it is likely to do.

Its hard to say now, but the only reasons for which I could see him leaving would be if his play declined dramatically, or Tampa went into a rebuild, or there were just a huge bag of money from a desirable destination that he wanted.

I don’t see any of those situations coming to pass though.