• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Today the Day the Rangers Trade Barclay Goodrow?

Phil

Is Today the Day the Rangers Trade Barclay Goodrow?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yep — bye, Barky!
    • Nah — grit forever

I'm gonna say no

Im not against trading him personally. I do like the player and think he was far from our biggest problem but the cap hit/term is tough for us to eat right now

These type of players are who winning teams find on bargain deals to supplement already good teams. Not the ones you pay a premium for.

I do think the cap hit will be easier for teams to eat as the cap rises but for now, we're too tight.

If Dru can find a way to put asquad together without losing his cap hit, I'm fine with that too though

18 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I'm gonna say no

Im not against trading him personally. I do like the player and think he was far from our biggest problem but the cap hit/term is tough for us to eat right now

These type of players are who winning teams find on bargain deals to supplement already good teams. Not the ones you pay a premium for.

I do think the cap hit will be easier for teams to eat as the cap rises but for now, we're too tight.

If Dru can find a way to put a squad together without losing his cap hit, I'm fine with that too though

I wouldn't trade him, but I think BBB's thoughts are right in step with what I'm thinking.

But I also think he would be the perfect fit for a coach like Laviolette, who could make the most of a guy like Goodrow.  I just think we need maybe a couple more guys like him....not less.

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

When teams think they can find a Goodrow equivilent at 1.5 or 2.0, it makes it awfully tough to sell Barc at 3.6.

4 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

When teams think they can find a Goodrow equivilent at 1.5 or 2.0, it makes it awfully tough to sell Barc at 3.6.

Maybe, but that's contenders. Teams with a bit of cap space who are not at the top of the league, and can't convince those kinds of guys to sign at a good price, are the ones who would be interested in Goodrow. He can't block every team.

They're just going to run it back, which they should, bc this team is good enough to win the cup with a new coach. If they're not there yet, it's not because of Barclay Goodrow, it's because the core of Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, and Trochek, are not good enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Way to hold your ground Dru!!!

Now sign K' and Chunky Mc Chunkerson and let's get it on!!!

That and signing a new backup goalie are probably the only things they'll be doing this offseason. They'll just be running it back minus Kane and Tarasenko.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

That and signing a new backup goalie are probably the only things they'll be doing this offseason. They'll just be running it back minus Kane and Tarasenko.

I'm not sure what goes down with Kane yet....I'm in a holding pattern with that one, Sharpy.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Fair enough. But either way he's probably missing at least the first couple of months of the season. We'll see. Hopefully he's back.

I'm really reaching here, but I'nm thinking whatever is left after K', Fat Boy, and Halak 2.0 goes into a 1 year deal for Kane...