• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jonathan Quick to 1-Year/$825K Deal

Phil

I know what happened in 2014, but he's probably one of the last players from that Kings team I would dislike. It's hard to dislike another Rangers fan and especially a huge Mike Richter fan. Plus, I hate the 2014 Rangers more for losing to the 2014 Kings than the 2014 Kings themselves.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Applause 1

55 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fuck it, whatever it takes to keep us cap compliant at this point.  He's actually the last of my worries.  If anything happens to Igor we're in deep shit no matter who we get at that price.

Nope I refuse to believe this. Lavs will make this team better so it’s not so reliant on Igor.

• Believe 1

If they thought Pork was a valid option in any way they wouldn't be in the market at all, same last season. The guy has the perfect cap hit at 775k, thing is they clearly don't trust him.  @Ozzy nailed it if Igor goes down with any significant injury they're dead in the water either way.

Edited by jsrangers
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

One of the dumbest organizations ever

This will be clearly established when Halak signs for about the same thing somewhere.  An old goalie coming off a good season versus an old goalie coming off a terrible one.

Given who LaF is, any shopping of him is shopping him loudly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siddious said:

https://theathletic.com/4657971/2023/07/01/rangers-free-agency-lafreniere-quick/?source=user_shared_article

Update from Staple:

Update: A league source said late Saturday morning that the Rangers are now telling teams that they plan on keeping Lafrenière. It would have been a difficult deal to pull off given Lafrenière’s mediocre stats and limited ice time in his first three seasons. Getting fair value in a trade for him would have been nearly impossible.

I doubt it was legitimate. Probably a motivational tactic by Drury for Lafreniere.

• Like 1

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Sign Jonathan Quick to 1-Year/$825K Deal
  • Phil pinned this topic