• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Devils Re-sign Timo Meier to 8-year/$70.4m Extension; $8.8m AAV

Phil

• LindG1000 changed the title to Devils Re-sign Timo Meier to 8-year/$70.4m Extension; $8.8M AAV
  • LindG1000 changed the title to Devils Re-sign Timo Meier to 8-year/$70.4m Extension; $8.8m AAV

As long as Trouba continues to break his face he won't be much of a factor, however odds of that are probably not all that high.  They seem to be executing on a pretty solid plan over there. Although I'm not much of a Bratt fan, but I do think they will continue to literally skate circles around most of the league for the foreseeable future.

22 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

With Pittsburgh and Washington gradually trending downwards, the Rangers and Devils should be battling it out for the division for quite some time. The rivalry is definitely back and the games should be great.

what?  they'll be handing our asses to us for a decade.  Depressing

• Keeps it 100 1

16 minutes ago, CCCP said:

The starting point is the Devils besting us in both the regular season and playoffs.  Since then, they have significantly improved their roster while ours is remaining static.

Rivalry?  Yeah, like the Rangers-Islanders rivalry of the early 80s.  

It's going to take something quite unexpected to change the dynamic between the Rangers and Devils that is developing.  

Also the same Devils team we bitch slapped in the first 2 games of the series.

We have the dynamic to level the playing field with them...Peter Laviolette and our new staff of coaches.  I wanna give these guys a chance before we write off the next 10 years to these "swamp rats".

Keep in mind, guys....Brind'amor made short work of this Devils team.  Their defense is very susceptible to a solid fore-checking system.  Add in the fact that our new defensive structure most likely won't be giving up as many high danger chances this season, I like our chances against these fucking turds.

Edited by Ozzy

Ya know what annoys me about this signing......they gave up a bunch for him, he fit in well and filled a void, so they signed him. We had that scenario with Copp two years ago and let him walk.....Ya cant buy chemistry. Sometimes ya gotta do what works as opposed to trying to reinvent the wheel. Good job NJ (I puked), you did what made sense.

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

Perhaps. Point being they're still going to be competing with each other big time for the next several years at least. These are two good teams. The Rangers were competitive for years with Pittsburgh and they had Crosby and Malkin.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Perhaps. Point being they're still going to be competing with each other big time for the next several years at least. These are two good teams. The Rangers were competitive for years with Pittsburgh and they had Crosby and Malkin.

i dont believe you