• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Too Early but Not Too Distant Shesterkin Problem

What do you think will happen with Shesterkin?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen with Shesterkin?

• Re-signs with Rangers
    • Traded

4 hours ago, Pete said:

But seriously, there's just a lack of logic here regarding Panarin's game. He draws defenders to him, and dishes the puck through lanes. Problem is lately his linemates aren't finding the lanes or there are leaving too many D between them and him. That's coaching. A coach will literally outline the lane and attacking in layers on video.

You want Panarin to take the puck to the middle, cool, the D will come with him, the middle will be clogged, and nothign will happen. Sound strategy there.

Agree here. He was doing so in the playoffs.  He missed quite a few chances by shooting wide. Panarin didn't fold like a pansy like some suggest. Lots of high danger chances. More than others. He just missed his opportunities.

Panarin is like any other player, in that he can go cold. He was cold and was trying to make things happen. His giveaways are a definite problem and THAT can be fixed with coaching and with a system. 

What makes me nervous about constantly talking about the need for the team to implement a system is that we've had a coach (AV), who did have a system in place. Yet, he wouldn't waver from it. Was a bit unwilling to change the gameplan,  especially when down a few goals. 

Everyone wants a defensively sound system, until it gets boring or doesn't exactly fit the roster. Who ever the next coach is, HAS to be willing to adapt his gameplan and his system.  AV wouldn't do that and teams soon choked them out when they watched video of their daily play. 

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Agreed. But you gave me shit for suggesting this a few weeks ago. 

If the coaching change fails, I'm ok with tearing it down to the studs again. Maybe do it somewhat right this time around.  Though this formula wasn't terrible,  Gorton and Drury really fucked themselves with all these NTCs as well as overpaying a few guys. 

For some reason I can't read what you linked out to. 

He cant get much better than hes been...and we still havent been a contender - and thats with him taking up only modest cap space.

So unless a change in coaching style makes a huge difference and were able to contend while leaning on him heavily - than hes gotta go, and ideally for a nice haul.