• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 SCF: Golden Knights vs. Panthers

Phil

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

13 minutes ago, fletch said:

I think after the hit on Eichel and the facewashes in the scrum refs are just taking the temperature of the game down by sitting Tkachuk for 10 along with the matching 10 for the Vegas player.  Tkachuk is in Hill's head too.  It's more likely for an ugly third than for Florida to cut the deficit down to a goal or two.

Ok, but FLA should have been on the PP. 

Edited by phillyb
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

You get a misconduct, and he gets a misconduct. You all get misconducts.

Somewhere Bettman is cringing.  Not a look he wants for the casual fan.  He will take it if Fla can turn it around and force at least six games.  Florida can just flush this road trip and focus on game 3, no agonizing one goal games or overtimes.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

4th line C with size and modest scoring ability. Howden better skater, Goodrow better intangibles, but that gap will be closed after winning a cup

Bingo.

And also he's not playing near the role on Vegas that Goody did in TB

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Amazing play by Hill this postseason. Incredible numbers. I didn't see that coming at all.

Probably because you didn't know who Hill was until the Stanley Cup final started.

I kid I kid... But I'm not really kidding. 😉

• LOL 1

I know Bobrovsky is on a $10M a year contract, but everyone knows he's not that level of goalie anymore. He's been $3-4M goalie for years now. Adin Hill is an average goalie.

It really makes you wonder what the Rangers should do with Shesterkin when he hits UFA in 2 summers. Good teams don't need $10M+ quality goaltenders, and that's what Shesterkin will cost. Would they have the balls to trade him after this season, and would that be the right move?

Why would you trade him after this season and let someone else get a year of Shesty at $5.6?  My bet would be on him playing out his contract and leaving in free agency.  Hopefully, Garand builds on his playoff performance, has a good year next year, and can be the backup in 24/25.  As long as this is a playoff team they aren't trading Shesty.

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I know Bobrovsky is on a $10M a year contract, but everyone knows he's not that level of goalie anymore. He's been $3-4M goalie for years now. Adin Hill is an average goalie.

It really makes you wonder what the Rangers should do with Shesterkin when he hits UFA in 2 summers. Good teams don't need $10M+ quality goaltenders, and that's what Shesterkin will cost. Would they have the balls to trade him after this season, and would that be the right move?

Not to turn this into that thread, but the Rangers absolutely should not pay Shesterkin unless they significantly change their contract structure. The kids never panned out, they have too many huge contracts, and, even with the cap going up, good teams just don't pay their goalies big money.

19 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Not to turn this into that thread, but the Rangers absolutely should not pay Shesterkin unless they significantly change their contract structure. The kids never panned out, they have too many huge contracts, and, even with the cap going up, good teams just don't pay their goalies big money.

This. It's a guarantee to re-live the Lundqvist years all over again.

19 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

prayer GIF

Hoping Florida turns this series around and gives hope to all the franchises that overpay their goalies astronomically.