• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 SCF: Golden Knights vs. Panthers

Phil

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

Two relatively small markets made it to the Final. Of course there was a significant drop off in viewership. TNT not being on Fubo is microscopic compared to the elephant in the room. This was literally being forecasted by fans and hockey media alike for weeks as it became clearer and clearer what the Final might look like.

7 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

You do realize at the time most pundits ragged on them for having an awful roster? And the trades they made to acquire Eichel, Stone, Chandler Stephenson, Theodore (drafted but also negotiated) and Hill were incredibly bold and/or shrewd moves at the time?

Well I'm not "most pundants" and "most pundants" won't say anything like what fans say if they want to keep their cushy jobs. Ask NYR reporters about that. 

1 hour ago, Costa said:

Well I'm not "most pundants" and "most pundants" won't say anything like what fans say if they want to keep their cushy jobs. Ask NYR reporters about that. 

What's that have to do with you being wrong?

4 hours ago, Pete said:

What's that have to do with you being wrong?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but that's how I feel and I'm pretty sure a lot of fans share my sentiment.

Edited by Costa

7 hours ago, Costa said:

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but that's how I feel and I'm pretty sure a lot of fans share my sentiment.

I'm talking about the rigged draft comment. Draft wasn't rigged, GMs from other teams were dumb. Bettman didn't hand Vegas a great team, the other GMs did. 

And @Cash or Czech was right, no one (especially fans) thought that team would be good the day after the draft. Everybody was wrong.