• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #5: Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — Bring Out Your Weird

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

You have a plan that takes a little longer to lock down long term excellence, you stick to it.  He was impatient.  Now look where we are.  Square one.  

Things changed rapidly b/c the tear down became a quick retool when the Rangers re-signed Kreider and the Rangers ended up getting the #2 pick and #1 pick back to back years....No one thought that those 2 picks would suck. Maybe if Kakko and Lafraniere played as a #2 and #1 pick, things would be much different

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Put Halak in for the 3rd and play all out offensively.  Don’t worry about how many goals we let up.  Need to score at least 2-3 goals to bring down Schmid’s confidence.  Have to gain some momentum towards game 6.  Not saying give up but do something to change the complexion of the series. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Time and time again....we have to pursue the big name.....time and time again it fails....when does this cycle change? Unless Kane ends this game with a hatty, aim out on Kane. Pennies on a dollar ruined the chemistry on PP1 and the chemistry with Vesey playing up. This team looks bruised and beaten.

I know they got Kane cheap, but I questioned it then, and I'm really questioning it now. Did they need him? No. He looks spent. If they were going to get anybody, I wanted a veteran whose game is going to the net and creating chaos. This team has so much finesse, that they sometimes finesse themselves out of great scoring opportunities.

Having said that, Kane will probably go off in games 6 and 7 ... One can hope

1 minute ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

We need to come out in the third as if this is the elimination game…and win it. 

They should have come out in the first period like it is an elimination game....which it is pretty much now....

Side note: First goal wouldn't have happened if we had Strome.....Strome couldn't win a face-off that clean in his life

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2

6 minutes ago, deejaid said:

I’ve been following this team for 40 years, even after moving to California over 20 years ago.  It's performances like these last two games that really has me questioning why I still care so much.

Wow, almost identical on my end. Although I didn't start paying much attention until laye teens/early 20's. The whole reason I started liking them in the first place was the bed sheet I inherited from an older brother. I'm burnt out tho! Don't know how much more NYR gas is in the tank. Are you still in California? We moved to Ohio back in December 

Edited by goondman

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Fucking Islanders fans are going to have a field day with us.....hence the reason why I wanted them out in the first place....but a lot of people here wanted them in instead of Pittsburgh.

I never want to play the Islanders ever. Both their fans and Devils fans are going to have a field day. It will be the worst it's ever been.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Things changed rapidly b/c the tear down became a quick retool when the Rangers re-signed Kreider and the Rangers ended up getting the #2 pick and #1 pick back to back years....No one thought that those 2 picks would suck. Maybe if Kakko and Lafraniere played as a #2 and #1 pick, things would be much different

Well, that’s true.

9 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

No doubt. Honestly devastating for the franchise.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I never want to play the Islanders ever. Both their fans and Devils fans are going to have a field day. It will be the worst it's ever been.

Deservedly so… This team has no heart, slow and unimaginative….

• Keeps it 100 1