• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Panarin in Shape?

Sod16

7 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

At the end of a long shift, he seems more gassed than the other four players.  When the other team has a rush, he often looks too tired to get back.  Do the rest of you notice this?

He was caught dipping into Yukon's stash!  Those Boston Creams catch up to you fast!!

Nah, I just think he's trying to do too much, Sod.  He's still forcing shit, and trying too hard to set guys up.  He's best when he keeps it simple;  Beat a guy, make a good pass and most of all, shoot the damn thing...like against Tampa...that wrist shot was a fucking laser!  That's what I wanna see from him in the playoffs.

He'll be fine once we get there in my book.  I think the guy's still arguably one of the best forwards in the league.

The Rangers looked gassed last night.  The breakout passes were a split-second late and the drop passes weren't picked up and the overall energy level seemed low.

Panarin has been coasting for two seasons now.  He just isn't that really quick guy he was before the pandemic.

Back to back nights, including travel. End of a long season in a basically meaningless game. I could see how some players were disengaged a bit. I could see it going forward til the playoffs start too. 

With that said, I fear this team getting steamrolled by the devils if they don’t step it up a notch or two come playoffs. 

I just think they were gassed. Up until last night, Panarin was actually throwing some hits and getting more involved in the plays, even playing with a bit of a edge. I don't think really conditioning is an issue with this team. You could say that for someone like Lafreniere, but he's gotten better there. I just chalk up last night to being tired and not really caring that much about the game. They are basically in coast mode until the playoffs start.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

The Rangers looked gassed last night.  The breakout passes were a split-second late and the drop passes weren't picked up and the overall energy level seemed low.

Panarin has been coasting for two seasons now.  He just isn't that really quick guy he was before the pandemic.

Yea he's coasting putting up 90 point seasons. That's laughable dude. Where do you get this?

It was a back-to-back game where they were playing with 11 forwards. Let's use a little common sense here. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yea he's coasting putting up 90 point seasons. That's laughable dude. Where do you get this?

It was a back-to-back game where they were playing with 11 forwards. Let's use a little common sense here. 

He coasts most of the time.

We know he's doing that because when he's on he's a major force to be dealt with and when he's not he disappears.

It's similar to the Kreider problem but Kreider is a big dude and uses his body now and then also.

41 minutes ago, Br4d said:

He coasts most of the time.

We know he's doing that because when he's on he's a major force to be dealt with and when he's not he disappears.

It's similar to the Kreider problem but Kreider is a big dude and uses his body now and then also.

There's a difference between coasting and picking your spots.

I don't even know why you're bringing up Krieder. 

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's a difference between coasting and picking your spots.

I don't even know why you're bringing up Krieder. 

With both of them the overall output does not match the potential.

For Panarin it's because he spends an enormous amount of time trying to find the best pass.  He should be a 40+ goal guy in addition to all the assists.  We see what happens when he prioritizes shooting because he gets goals in clusters.  Then he goes back to being the always looking for the pass guy.

For Kreider it's lack of a consistent motor.  He is an all-around player at times and then he turns into a pumpkin at midnight and the effort is gone for games at a time.

Picking your spots is just another way of saying coasting at times and turning it on at times.

Just now, Pete said:

No it's not. Coasting refers to lack of effort.

Coasting refers to doing what is expected not going 100% on every shift.

Panarin coasts most of the time.  Kreider coasts a significant part of the time.

Zibanejad never coasts.  He's always going 100%.

There's no excuse as a professional player not to be giving 100% of your ability on every shift.

6 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Coasting refers to doing what is expected not going 100% on every shift.

Panarin coasts most of the time.  Kreider coasts a significant part of the time.

Zibanejad never coasts.  He's always going 100%.

There's no excuse as a professional player not to be giving 100% of your ability on every shift.

Nah. You got it all wrong. But not worth the argument. 

1 hour ago, Gravesy said:

His “effort” tracking back on the ot goal last night was utterly pitiful to be fair 😆

He got back fine, Gravy!!  They both simply went to the same guy!!  ...same as it ever was!!!  LOL

it looked like he motioned to Trocheck, but they both still let that pass get across.  Fucking Halak must've been like, "Hey douches!!!  ...Someone wanna cut the pass??!"  😃

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

He got back fine, Gravy!!  They both simply went to the same guy!!  ...same as it ever was!!!  LOL

it looked like he motioned to Trocheck, but they both still let that pass get across.  Fucking Halak must've been like, "Hey douches!!!  ...Someone wanna cut the pass??!"  😃

lol exactly

• LMFAO 1

He wasn't dogging it.  He looked at the bench as he skated past it and nobody was up and ready to get on the ice.  Then Kreider got up after he passed by and over the boards before he knew it.

Was just very bad communication.

Rangers need to tighten that up before the playoffs.  They gave up a goal earlier when 3 of the players had been on the ice for 1:45+.

Edited by Br4d
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:24 AM, Pete said:

no doubt.  this thread is sorta silly.

Artemi Panarin Stats | ESPN

almost like the guys peaking points wise.  

he's not CMD.  But he's a damn good hockey player.

he went after Wilson too.  that means something in that locker room