• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New York Rangers Have Clinched a Playoff Spot

LindG1000

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

It’s NJ. Which game isn’t a home game? Lol

Very true.

Man, I’ve gone to A LOT of Ranger road games. And a ton specifically in NJ. By far, the biggest invasion I have ever seen was Game 5 in 2008. It was a Friday night, we were up 3-1 and Devils fans knew the likelihood of coming back from 3-1 down against a team they had lost to, including the regular season, 10 out of 12 times, was very slim.

They scored early. We answered with 4 goals. They scored 2 more. Hank stopped Madden on a penalty shot. And my God, when Dubinsky potted an empty netter, the section was fucking shaking.

I hope we get rid of them in similar quick and dominating fashion again. Fuck them.

• Believe 1

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

It’s NJ. Which game isn’t a home game? Lol

It's don't know that it's like that anymore. I went to a game on Saturday night against Ottawa and not only was the place packed, but the tickets were not cheap.

The devils are good now, the front runners are back. 

I don't think there's going to be more Ranger fans than Devils, and I've been to playoff games there where it felt like a 50/50 split. 

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Very true.

Man, I’ve gone to A LOT of Ranger road games. And a ton specifically in NJ. By far, the biggest invasion I have ever seen was Game 5 in 2008. It was a Friday night, we were up 3-1 and Devils fans knew the likelihood of coming back from 3-1 down against a team they had lost to, including the regular season, 10 out of 12 times, was very slim.

They scored early. We answered with 4 goals. They scored 2 more. Hank stopped Madden on a penalty shot. And my God, when Dubinsky potted an empty netter, the section was fucking shaking.

I hope we get rid of them in similar quick and dominating fashion again. Fuck them.

How the hell do you remember all of this? I barely remember the score of the last game I watched 2 days ago lol

• LMFAO 3

Buckle up boys!!! We knew this was inevitable after the end of the ice cold streak earlier in the year (Thanks for the helmet toss Trouba).....

Messier guarantee >Trouba helmet toss (obviously) but definitely plays into an awesome narrative.

So pumped for playoffs!!! Excited for us and excited to see if Jack Hughes is the real deal in that playoff environment.  Going to be a fun post season!!

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Very true.

I was at that one. It was wild. Like 60% Rangers fans. That's the one that the Devils scored off Dubinsky's face.

Chico complained on the broadcast how shameful it was to hear the Rangers fans cheer the Devils' demise in their own house. 

3 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I was at that one. It was wild. Like 60% Rangers fans. That's the one that the Devils scored off Dubinsky's face.

Chico complained on the broadcast how shameful it was to hear the Rangers fans cheer the Devils' demise in their own house. 

That’s funny because I used to always think what a shame it was to hear Chico. 

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Very true.

I went to game 1 of that series. I remember Nigel Dawes scoring the empty netter to clinch it, followed by a grown adult devils fan shoving a 7 year old rangers fan. 

edit: had to go back and find highlights of that series on youtube. Avery was a beast that series, Lundqvist penalty shot save in the third period of game 5, Gomez tormenting the devils fans, man that was some good times 

Edited by BlairBettsBlocksEverything