• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New York Rangers Have Clinched a Playoff Spot

LindG1000

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Clearly lol

good for you man. I’m one small pot hole away from Alzheimer’s I fear the way it’s going for me.

Not certain if you're kidding or not, but either way...

There are plenty of mind games to exercise the nugget, like Brain Workout, Luminosity, Brain Tests, etc., that can help. These are for Apple devices, but I am certain that the Android platform has similar games. It does help me remembering thing more, than I did previously. YMMV....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

It's don't know that it's like that anymore. I went to a game on Saturday night against Ottawa and not only was the place packed, but the tickets were not cheap.

The devils are good now, the front runners are back. 

I don't think there's going to be more Ranger fans than Devils, and I've been to playoff games there where it felt like a 50/50 split. 

Im not sure a weekend game against a random team is a good indication of Rangers/ Devils

It absolutely is still a building filled with a ton of Rangers fans whenever we play there. 

Rangers beat the devils in 5

Canes get upset by whoever ends up in the WC1 spot. We win whoever we play in 5

Bruins end up playing the Panthers in the first round who pull off a miracle upset in 7. We end up playing Tampa in the ECF again and beat them

I don't care who comes out of the west, we beat them in 6 to win the cup.

Come back to this post in June for the rep

• Believe 2

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Im not sure a weekend game against a random team is a good indication of Rangers/ Devils

It absolutely is still a building filled with a ton of Rangers fans whenever we play there. 

I'm just saying, the Devils have fans. Can't act like they don't.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm just saying, the Devils have fans. Can't act like they don't.

Fair enough. I'm sure they do. But those same fans still sell their tickets to Rangers fans in large quantities every time we are at the rock.  Just look at thr January highlights and see how many Rangers fans therr are there. 

I feel like this is 2005-2006 in reverse, to be honest. That Ranger team was on a dream ride all year out of no where, led by Lundqvist and Jagr. And fizzled big time at the end, lost the division and ultimately ran into a buzzsaw in New Jersey who carved us in half.

I am not saying we have the experience as a group together that that Devils team had, nor am I saying that this Devils team is fizzling out the way that Ranger team. That being said, they have slowed down from what they were.

I just look at it that the Devils will have enough pressure going into the playoffs because for some of these kids it will be either their first appearance ever or first in forever. That is enough pressure. Now add on a split building, the whole rivalry, having to play (let’s call it what it is) a damn good Rangers team that has weapons literally everywhere in the lineup and is fresh off an ECF appearance and looking to make a play at the Cup.

I think that stage will be too big for the Devils. And the Rangers actually thrive on that stage and have experience in all environments. So to be perfectly honest, I actually think we beat the brakes off them and send them home early IF we do get them. And I think we do.

• Believe 1

14 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Alright. Let's get this over with.

Who's your dream matchup?

Who are you afraid of?

Who do you think we get?

Dream matchup: Pittsburgh.  We must seem like a team of 4 lines of Messiers after what we've done to their playoff hopes the last few encounters.

Afraid of: No one.  But everyone should respect what the Bruins have done, and the path to SCF goes through TD Garden.

We get: Hurricanes.  At some point.  To get out of the Metro.  Whether it's in the first round or the second round, the Canes are the main threat to a deep playoff round.  Yes, I'm disrespecting the Devils.  That's part of the DNA of a Rangers fan born in Jersey.